Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fun With Pudding

Well, kids, I've got nothing.

Drawin' a blank at the funny bank, as it were, and if that unforgivable rhyme doesn't tell you how things are going for me this morning, well... I'm sorry, but you'll never fully understand the concept of "writers block" without the aide of diagrams and an extremely patient tutor. Fear not, though, poopsies... I don't believe this blockage is a permanent thing. In fact, I'm fairly certain that it's cause has something to do with me being exhausted thanks to an unscheduled wake-up call by a certain cat (who shall remain nameless) that decided to bring a dead mouse into our bed at 3am. Maybe it's just me, but I find it very hard to sleep after handling recently-killed animals in the middle of the night. I guess that means I'm not a potential serial killer, so that's nice. But it also means that I'm one sleepy-ass blogger at the moment, and in no mood for shenanigans, tomfoolery, or any sort of backsass whatsoever.

So, if I can't be entertaining (and it seems that I most certainly cannot), I will at least make an effort to be informative. Here now, courtesy of the handsome gents at Liquor Snob, is a recipe for...

Pudding Shots

1 small pkg. INSTANT choc. pudding
3/4 C. milk
1/4 C. Vodka
1/2 C. Irish Cream
8 oz. Extra Creamy Cool Whip

Mix pudding and milk for a couple of minutes with an electric mixer, then add alcohol, mix well.

Mix in Cool Whip.

Put into individual serving cups with lids and I furnish plastic spoons. Keep in the freezer.

Your welcome. If you actually make some of these delicious-sounding treats, be sure to take pictures and send them to ZFS!. I won't post them on the site or anything; I just want to start a scrapbook that's filled with photographs of drunk ZSF!-kateers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handling dead mice in the middle of the night is one of those experiences that not all people get. You are truly lucky. Living in the south like I do, my cat primarily likes to bring us dead squirrels, and place them on our front porch welcome mat. In Other parts of the south they cook em, but I am not going to talk bad about people from LSU, cause, you know, their coach has HUGE balls. who goes for it on fourth and one at the six yard line with a minute to play and a field goal ties it up? Less Miles thats who...hats off to him, I hope Michigan fires Lloyd Carr and they hire Miles away from them....

9:36 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That recipe for pudding shots sounds soooo good that I even forgot about the dead mouse by the end of the post!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Bill From Gainsville... Not many people can tie together dead rodents and college football. Well done, sir... well done.

Brooklyn... I know, right? I'm totally hoping that Girlfriend reads this and decides to make me some. Because god knows I'm too lazy to do it. I'll end up just dumping vodka into a pudding cup. Which is sad.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Kim & Dic said...

wow, you can really put vodka in anything huh? I would like some Vodka cream of mushroom soup if you could please come up with that...this is a great idea, you should come up with your very own alcoholics cookbook

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vodka Mushroom Soup
Open can of Soup, dump shitty looking contents into pot (metal not plant kind).
Read label, where it says water or milk, substitute with vodka.
Stir, keep face away from pan incase it flames.
Warning: Do not cook all the alcohol out.
Ladle contents into bowls or shot glasses.
Eat/drink

For a twist you can add Green Beans and those weird onion things for a good time green bean casserole.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home