Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Night Of The Living Dead

I know it doesn't feel like it right now, what with the temperatures still being a bajillion degrees and everyone walking around in next-to-nothing like it was late July, but Halloween is just around the corner. Being a horror fan and all, I tend to be quite big on Halloween; there's usually a ton of good, scary movies on TV, there's the whole candy aspect, and it gives everyone an excuse to get drunk while dressed up like, say, Leatherface or maybe a sexy nurse. Whatever the case, Halloween is usually a blast and the fact that this October is not really cooperating in the weather department has me a little bummed.

So, in an effort to correct this and get everyone, myself included, in the spooky mood, I've got a little treat for all of us. It's this:

The Entire Movie of Night of the Living Dead

That's right. Night of the Living Dead, from start to finish, right here on this very blog through the magic of YouTube and public domain laws. Now, I know that you all probably won't sit at your computer and watch the whole thing... still, I hope you recognize that by me putting this entire movie on ZFS!, I'm trying to tell you, my readers, that I care deeply about your enjoyment of the Halloween festivities. I love you all, true dat.

Also, in the interest of being up front, I really should mention that the audio is great on this, but the picture quality is... well, about what you'd expect from a YouTube video. It ain't DVD, but hey, it's free. And it's brought to you with love, as I said earlier. Remember? The love? Totally makes up for the shoddy picture quality.

So if you want to, watch it and enjoy. And if not, well that's okay too. Let's get our scares on, yo!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

To this day, I can not watch this movie alone, at night.

Something about the black and white creeps me out when watching this.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

No, I hear you. It's a creepy-ass movie, no doubt.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of Romero's zombie movies, even Land of the Dead (if for nothing else, the retro-stylized opening depicting the world going through a zombie apocalypse).

3 questions:
1)Do you play video games? If you do, I cannot recommend Bioshock more highly. There are parts in that game that creeped me out more than any movie ever has.

2)Do you read comic books? If you do, I cannot recommend The Walking Dead more highly. The zombie/human action is fantastic while the human drama is over the top and near campy levels...just like a zombie movie should be.

3)Do you prefer Stephen King's version of the Shining better or Kubrick's?

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just watched that on Saturday at our Halloween party, actually. Good stuff. Always makes me sad to think that George Romero doesn't get one cent from that, though. :( Stupid public domain.

We also watched the one movie I've watched every Halloween since I was a kid, and it's never gotten old: Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein. :)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Chris... Three answers:

1. Yes, I love videogames, and I've heard that Bioshock is awesome. Sadly I do not have an Xbox 360 on which to play it, nor a computer that is my own. One day, though... one day.

2. I have NOT heard of The Walking Dead, but after looking it up online, I can honestly say that I am TOTALLY on board. Will be checking this out and thanks for the tip.

3. Now, this is a toughie. I like Stephen King's version because, well, it is the "correct" version and the book is one of the few out there that's actually given me nightmares. I'm usually pretty immune to creepy books, but that one really got under my skin. That being said, I can't read the book without imagining Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrence; truly a steller example of an actor making a character so much his own, it's impossible to imagine it any other way. I thought Kubrick's movie was creepy in it's own right, but I've never been a huge Kubrick supporter in the first place, so I guess if I had to choose sides, I'd go with Stephen King (although HIS miniseries version of The Shining from the 90's was pretty bad).

Giggleloop... Man, I haven't seen A & C Meet Frankenstein in like a bazillion years. Must Netflix.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home