Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Brad Renfro: Dead



Well that sucks. Apt Pupil should have blown him up, but for some reason it just kind of didn't. He did other things (Ghost World, for one), but nothing that really penetrated the nation's conciousness, or at least not because of him. Apparently he was quite the troubled dude... drugs, run ins with the law, etc. No word yet on whether or not any of this had anything to do with his death, but I'm sure it will all come out soon. He was 25, which I think we can all agree is far, far too young.

The story broke here; we're assuming, despite the source, that this is accurate information.

7 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

That's the kid from The Client, right? Damn.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Yeah, that was his first movie. I haven't seen it in years, but I remember it as being good. Apt Pupil is the movie that I remember him the most from.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

My favorite was The Cure. (not to be confused with the music genius) He was a rag-tag kid who befriended the little boy from Jurassic Park who had AIDS. It's probably the saddest and possibly the best movie ever made. Highly recommended.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I saw The Cure (movie, not band) like a million years ago, so the only thing I remember about it is that one part where they're being picked on by bullys and the kid from Jurassic Park cuts his hand and threatens them with his AIDS blood. Er... that *was* in the movie, right? Anyway, I'm pretty sure I liked it, but again, million years ago.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

YES! That's it!!! It's a pretty awesome scene actually, kind of poking fun at aids-phobia.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

You should check out 'Bully'.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Not a big fan of Larry Clark's stuff, honestly. Although Bijou Phillips was nasty hot in it.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home