Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Afternoon Hodgepodge

Yesterday, on the way home from work, this blind guy on the R train started freaking out, yelling, direct quote, "Will all you people leave me alone. I don't want your fucking seat. Quit fucking bothering me." It should also be noted that said blind guy looked like a smaller, nerdier Rick Moranis except, ya know, blind. Anyway, everyone on the train kind of looked at each other in shock and then there was a collective shrug and he just stood there for the rest of the ride seething like he was about to flip out and start whacking people with his cane. I bring this up because... like... is it okay to call this guy an asshole? Or were the people on the train being assholes because they were trying (perhaps too aggressively) to help the dude out when he didn't want to be helped? I really don't know. It was a totally weird scene, though.

----------------------------------------------------------

Since I've been sick, I've been downing tea like it was Millionaire Juice that would make me fart nickles and crap gold bricks (or something). I've found that I really enjoy it; it's like drinking a snuggle, which feels good when your head is like an old can of beans that's been left in the sun and is all bloated and distended and is about to explode it's bean-guts all over the place. I will admit though that when I'm dunking my tea bag into the boiling water, I do feel... um... a little fruity. Like, unless you're British, isn't tea supposed to only be for grandmothers and men who collect vinyl copies of original Broadway cast recordings? I realize that this might be a broad, somewhat offensive generalization to make when discussing an innocent hot beverage, but it's the crossroads that I find myself at on this bored-ass Friday afternoon. Oh, and for the record, I don't really care what the answer is... I'm still going to drink tea in excess (and possibly with INXS). I just like to know the lay of the land, as it were. Also, [insert obligatory teabaggin' joke here].

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey, remember this song...



That was a good song. Back in '99, it was on the radio like all the time. What happened to that chick? She seems kind of crazy, but that's a quality we should look for in our rock n' roll singers. Crazy = excellent music. Amy Winehouse, hello.

----------------------------------------------------------

This is a good problem to have, don't get me wrong, but still... I really can't decide if I want to go out tonight with friends, or go home and chill out with my girlfriend and watch Logan's Run while eating another plate of Do-scuits. They both sound appealing; the former because you really have to work at making hanging out with friends in bars a bad time, and the latter because I'm so grody from this whatever-illness, a night flopped on the couch while stuffing my face and watching 70s cheese might be just the thing I need. So I don't know. Torn, me. I'm sure I'll figure it out in the next two and a half hours, so no need to fret about your old C-dog here. I'll be just fine.

----------------------------------------------------------

I just found a Slim Jim in a desk drawer. I don't remember ever buying Slim Jims, at least not during my tenure at this office. I get the feeling I'm about to be surprised by Randy "Macho Man" Savage and that prospect fills me with terror.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh yeeeaaaah brotherrrr! That was my Macho Man impression. Nice, huh?

Don't know if you ever watch/listen to Diggnation, but on last week's episode, Kevin Rose had a cool teapot he was using, don't know where you'd get one though. Basically, it's shaped kinda like a glass coffee pot, and you put the hot water in, and then there's a chamber in the center that you drop the teabag into, and let it seep for a minute or two, and then you pull that chamber up and plunge it back down, and it mixes up your tea, without getting the teabag/leaves in with your beverage. It looks neat, and better than dunking a teabag in a cup at any rate. :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I've driven space shuttles that were less complicated than that teapot. Real, no foolin' SPACE SHUTTLES!!! But thanks for the tip!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

The Clinton I know is not a pussy. Don't stay home tonight.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Such language! Shocking, it is.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Real men drink loose leaf tea.

Teabags are for nerds.

No offense C-dog.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smaller than Rick Moranis, is that possible?

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my explanation made it sound a lot more complicated than it actually is, haha. I saw one of the aforementioned teapots at Target over the weekend as well, it was a small 2 cup one, I'll see if I can find linkage...

It's essentially this.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Aw yeah, Logans' Run! Do you know every awesome 70s cheese flick? If so, please inform me of all the ones I haven't seen. Thank you.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Beth Hart. First two albums were drug addled amazing brilliant empowered angerfests!
She cleaned up, put out a suckass album and now lives in Rocker purgatory (aka "touring europe".)
Who knows, maybe she'll backslide and we'll get more great stuff from her before she ODs...

12:08 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

What is it about rehab that makes you suddenly unable to make good music? Weird. Hey, so which one of her albums should I check out first if I were looking to be in the Beth Hart business, so to speak?

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home