Wednesday, January 09, 2008

UPDATE: C-dog's Day Of Fun

UPDATE: The dentist appointment has been cancelled! By them, not by me, which is not to say that I mind in the least. I was actually considering moving it to another date (see: feel like death) and then, lo and behold, they called and asked to reschedule due to the dentist having an unspecified personal emergency. So I'm off the hook! For now! Until next week, when the horror starts anew!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can imagine, my life is a never ending whirlwind of excitement, parties, celebrity dance contests, fencing matches, pantsless cartwheels, and extended conversations with my girlfriend's cat. It's a charmed life, a blessed one even, and it's an existence that I feel truly honored to possesses as my own.

Why, just look at what joy and fun I've got going on today:

-I've lost the use of both of my sinuses, which for some reason have decided amongst themselves to close up completely and take a good, long nap. Thus, when I breathe, all these sci-fi nerds show up at my house because they think Darth Vader has made a surprise, personal appearance.

-Later on this afternoon, I have my first dentist appointment in over five years. My teeth can't be in any sort of good shape, seeing as how I don't particularly go out of my way to take care of them, so I'm expecting this visit to be chock full of bad news, tearful recriminations, and possibly the eventual loss of several hundred of my dollars. Not to mention the potential for lost teeth.

-There's probably a third thing that's bad that I could present to you as a further ironic counterpoint to the first paragraph of this post, but I'm two swollen in the head and nervous in the gut to pinpoint exactly what it might be. Let's just say that... oh, I don't know... maybe the cat isn't pleased with the way our conversations have been going as of late and is presently planning on having me killed.

And I wish he'd get on with it because, honestly, I feel awful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

My grandma always used to give me Hot Toddy's when I was sick. I dunno if it helped, but it sure built my tolerance!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Ross said...

My grandmother recommends blackberry brandy. Maybe you could take it with a hot toddy.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home