Sunday, March 22, 2009

Testing... Testing...

So, I've moved into my temporary place... an old garage apartment that's on the same property as the house I grew up in... and, much to my chagrin, I have discovered that the internet is slow as a motherfucker.

Not sure what the issue is. It's DSL, but it's running like dial-up. My Gmail barely works, every page takes forever to load, watching video is but a fanciful dream... in short: No bueno. I seriously don't get it; my signal strength is excellent, my connection is the full five bars, and yet, here I sit... waiting (shock!) for pages (shriek!) to load (horror!) like its 1995 (Hootie & the Blowfish!).

Any thoughts, tech-minded readers? Because I may kill myself if this problem doesn't get resolved. Then where will you all be? C-dogless. Don't let that happen to you.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

I don't have any answers for you but I did want to mention that my Gmail has been running slow recently. My problem hasn't been as severe as yours but it does annoy me.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My suggestion is to call the company and say, "heyyyyyyy. fix it. DO IT." But you have to say it just like that.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep calling and complaining. I had a problem with Verizon DSL and they kept seeing "great signal strength" but when the tech finally arrived he found out that the copper lines that the DSL run on were rotted out giving both poor and good service depending on what it felt like giving.

12:47 PM  
Blogger no one in particular said...

You could always look at this as an exercise in patience.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Make sure that you have to have a password to use your internet. Otherwise, people will steal it, which makes your connection super duper fantastically slow because 20 people are downloading all kinds of things at the same time.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home