Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The State of C-Dog


-Posting has been a little light around here, as I'm sure you've noticed... things in TX have been, to say the least, chaotic. I don't have a permanent place to live yet, so I've been bouncing around from relative's house to relative's house, sleeping when I can, using newspaper to keep myself warm, fighting bums in 7-11 parking lots for money, and a few nights ago I'm pretty sure I ate a dead guy's arm. So, you know, it's gotten kind of weird. Also, I just haven't been able to get any sort of creative juices flowing lately. I hate throwing around the phrase "creatively bankrupt" all willy-nilly, but that's sort of how I've been feeling. Whatever, I'm sure it's all just a product of my not being able to get settled yet and when I finally do, all will be right with the world.
-Ankle Update: I can walk on it without looking like a gimp, but it still hurts. After a day of moving around, it tends to feel like someone has hammered a nail right through the bone. I know these sort of things just take a while to heal and all that, but there's a part of me that has started to think, well, you know I've had a good run... 28 years of doin' it my way... maybe the sweet embrace of death is just the ticket. Crazy talk, sure, but at the same time... OUCH, MY FOOT!!!
-Finally got a lead on a job. Had an interview with a popular corporate-run video store chain that shall remain nameless (Hint: rhymes with Shmockshmuster) and it went really well. I'm currently in a holding pattern with them, waiting on a second interview to get scheduled. I feel good about it, but I've been burned a lot in the last couple of months, so I'm not going to get excited until I'm actually restocking shelves and directing stoners to the Horror section. Oh, and I think it's only going to be part time, but that's cool... beats my current "no time" position.
-One of the houses I've been staying in is my uncle's out in a really nice suburb of Ft. Worth. I've been dogsitting for him and my aunt while they're away on vacation and, though it's been cool to have a place to myself for a week, it's also been deeply, deeply terrifying. Maybe I've seen too many movies, maybe I'm used to living in an apartment building with tons of neighbors, maybe I'm just a big pussy, but... big, dark houses in the middle of the burbs are fucking scary around 3am. There are so many places for serial killers to hide! And when you look out the windows, all you see is blackness. I don't know, man... it's hard to really get comfortable when you feel like you're going to get killed in the face or chased around by a naked guy with a chainsaw. (why is he naked? why not!)
-Went to see The Wrestler last night. Hell of a film. Depressing as all get out... like real motherfucking bleak... but one that's not likely to be forgotten anytime soon. Highly recommend it if you, like me, haven't gotten to see much in the way of movies lately.
-Guess that's it. More to come, probably. Just know that if I miss a stretch of days or something, it doesn't mean I'm quitting the blog. I'll rise again, stronger than ever! Everything is fine, the sun is shining, love is for everybody and it's all true: God is an astronaut, Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

4 Comments:

Blogger Puck58 said...

The monsters may live in Midian, but I'm pretty sure a few of them also live in your aunt and uncle's basement. So, when you awake to the sound of a creaking floorboard or to the creepy feel of someone's damp, hot breath on your face...that's what that is.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I know what you mean about being scared in the burbs. I am more terrified walking from the car to my parents house at 10pm than I am walking around shady parts of Brooklyn at 3am.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think its a very good idea for a guy to operate a chainsaw when naked.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

As long as missing a few days doesn't mean that naked lumberjack got a hold of you that is fine.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home