Friday, June 27, 2008

Teeth Drillin'



As I mentioned the other day, I have a toothache. It feels sort of like having my second molar hooked up to a car battery, but only when it comes in contact with food or spit or my tongue or the air. Otherwise, it's just this dull ache hanging around all shitty like a loiterer outside a 7-11 trying to pick up chicks by gesturing lasciviously at his crotch.

So, in about an hour, I'm going to have it "taken care of." At least I hope so... I called my dentist and screamed, "OWWWW!" into the phone and they said to just come in and they'd see what they could do. Personally, I'd be fine with them just yanking the thing out and then letting me go after it with a tire iron or some sort of crude spear fashioned from dental instruments and a mop handle.

But I guess we'll see. Keep ya posted, I guess, and if you hear any loud, girlish screams coming roughly from the direction of Manhattan... well, sorry, I have a low tolerance for pain.

Crossing His Fingers For Vicodin

-C

6 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Sweet Jesus man, that hurts just reading about it.

10:02 AM  
Blogger quin browne said...

hurrah vicodin!!

good luck, hope it's a fast fix and you get a nice 'script!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked for a dental software company for a few years. The one thing I remember from that entire experience is that, at least here in Washington state, it's perfectly legal for doctors and dentists to administer alcohol as part of their treatment.

So get him to prescribe a bottle of expensive booze and see if your insurance company will cover it.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

Does hanging out in front of the 7-11, pointing lasciviously at your crotch really work to pick up women? cause if so then I feel like its a new opportunity for the billster.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oy.... good for you for going sooner rather than later-- my friend has to have 4, yes FOUR, root canals.... ugh.... but he has been hurting since the fall....

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought they were just called little piggies.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home