Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Friday Morning Hodgepodge

That's right... FRIDAY. What? What's going on? Did the fabric of time and space rip apart and now the days are just floating along all willy nilly like chunks of ice in a delicious, delicious mixed drink? Or, C-dog, did the infection from your thumb finally reach your brain, melting it like a Whatchamacallit in a microwave, all because you never learned that cat poop isn't the same thing as Neosporin (ps, it's totally not)?

Nope, neither of those things. The truth of the matter is this: Today is my Friday! Because I'm going on vacation! HA!!! Suck on that, people who aren't me!!!

Well, okay... technically I'm not going anywhere. Too pricey. But I am going to be off of work for a few days and, during this blissful time away from the cubicle and away from the stacks of invoices and away from the choking stench of my own failed hopes and dreams, I'll be entertaining a relative! My cousin Joss, specifically, who is a brainy, nifty 14 year old with an interest in horror films. Needless to say, he's coming to the right place. So we'll be doing a lot of that for the next few days, as well as some crap around the city... I've already reserved us a table at Scores for most of the week, for one thing. Signed us up for a fight club, too.

Anyway, should be just tons o' fun (much like myself). But fear not, kiddos... I will still be posting regularly, lest your lives teeter off their respective axises, sending your worlds into an oblivion tailspin that can only be cured by electroshock therapy. I'm just thoughtful like that.

---------------------------------------------------
Here's a bit of interesting... and here I'm using the broadest definition of the word "interesting" imaginable... trivia for you on this fine, Wednesday (Friday!) morning: Were you aware that popular children's nightmare fuel/puppet Howdy Doody had siblings? Really... Heidi Doody was his sister and Double Doody was his twin brother. They lived in Doodyville.
Doesn't this make Howdy Doody even creepier than he already is? To know that there's... shudder... MORE of them? Maybe it's because I'm gearing up for a long stretch of horror films this weekend, but I can't help imagining the Doody clan as dead ringers for the fine, meat-loving folks that populated that lonesome, dilapidated shack in the middle of the great Lone Star nowhere in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Double Doody wears people's faces and chases them around with a souped-up Craftsman, Howdy Doody lures them into the house with a few jokes and a friendly smile, and Heidi Doody... well... she breeds. Got to keep the family alive, you know? So they'll always be out there. Waiting... and hungry....
Yikes, I just freaked myself out a little!
---------------------------------------------------
Did the Lakers actually play in last night's Game 6, or did their bus break down somewhere between LA and Boston so they had to enlist a YMCA youth league to play in their stead? Because... and it's not that I could have done any better or anything... but seriously, I've seen mafia hits that were less one-sided.
---------------------------------------------------
Stan Winston... 1948-2008

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Joss should totally guestblog.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning Game 6. That made me all tingly down there.

Nothing better than seeing Kobe and Phil Jackson getting their asses handed to them.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know. The Lakers just soft and that's all there is to it. Now Bryant can start crying about his team again like he did last summer.

Also, I loved watching KG get his ring finally.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

Take him on the Staten Island Ferry. It's a cheap way to see the statue, plus I think you can drink on it.

Staten Island Ferry shots: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staten_Island_Ferry_(cocktail)

7:19 PM  
Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

"I've seen Mafia hits that are less one sided" --- C dawg I am so stealing that line! that is an awesome analogy of how it went down!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home