Sunday, June 22, 2008

An Unforeseen Difficulty

This probably says a lot more about me and how I live my life than I'd really care for it to, but whatever... we're all friends here...

Said unforeseen difficulty? Goddamn it's hard to entertain someone in New York without taking them to a bar. I mean, obviously, it's not my cousin's fault that he's only fourteen... not a whole lot he can do about that... but still.

Example: We were in the city a couple of nights ago, waiting on a movie to start at the IFC Center. We had an hour and a half to kill. Normally, this would be prime time spent slamming back a few pre-film beers and/or shots to be covered at a later date right here on this very site. But noooo... bars FROWN on minors just hanging around while their older cousins get into a mental state of readiness for a movie about bikini-girls fighting zombies. They don't WANT me to be drunk enough to enjoy such cinematic offerings. Jerks.

So we drank a couple of Red Bulls by a fountain outside an insanely crowded gelato stand like a couple of assholes.

Again, not his fault... doye... BUT STILL.

I vote we lower the drinking age to however old my cousin is when he comes to visit. Who's with me?!?!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jason Quinones said...

did you happen to take your cousin to a met game this weekend???

i swear i saw you on the # 7 train this past saturday afternoon.

p.s.-lower the drinking age and legalize wacky tabacky!!!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Todd said...

His first fake ID and his first drink in a bar should be on the agenda for next year's visit. 15 is the perfect age to start!

12:44 AM  
Blogger mmyers said...

I've gotten my nephews completely adjusted to the smell of me being tanked so that they think I naturally smell like that and act like that. Sure one day they'll be like, "Hey, I think he was drunk all the time" but hey, that's family.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Ross said...

I thought that New York was just one big pub crawl.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Jason... Nope, the Mets were in Colorado this weekend. But was I on the 7 train? Did I go to Queens? Only the New York Hall of Science knows for sure.

Todd... Hell, it's two years later than when I started. He's behind!

Mmyers... Damn, I should have started this way sooner.

Ross... It is, that's the problem!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jason Quinones said...

i've never been to the queens hall of science. is it worth it? i don't live far from there.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home