Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Enjoy ABBA

I really hate living in a world where being a dude means that I have to sneak my love for ABBA around like I'm smuggling immigrants across the border into Guyville. They're just so perky and awesome and mega-drama, but their music basically melts your penis off and makes you a pseudo-sexual disco diva with shiny pants if you listen to too much of it. Or at least that's the prevailing wisdom. Really it just makes you a little more bouncy and into hot Swedish chicks (or ugly Swedish dudes), but nobody wants to hear that. They want to hear about dancing queens and lip gloss and asses exploding sparkles into the air like a mushroom cloud called "so fabulous."

Whatever. I'm here to say it loud, say it proud, I'm a (basically) straight dude that's totally into ABBA and I'm not ashamed to admit it!!! Power to the C-dog!!! Suck it, nerds.

Anyhoo... the video up top is white hot. They're all fur coats and breaking up and doing that Ingmar Bergman thing where one person faces forward and the other overlaps them in profile. This song makes my feet cold because my socks have been blown off and and are currently flapping down the street.

How can you not dig ABBA? They're fun like Pop Rocks on a rainy day!

13 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

Dude, I have to draw the line at ABBA. They really bother me.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Why do you hate good times? ABBA is music scientifically designed to maximize one's ass-shaking potential. And your ass is one that should be shook with vigor, Senator.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Liöüx said...

OMG, Clinton!!!

My 12 string acoustic guitar is named after an ABBA®™©™ song.

His name is Fernando.

'Nando is in the guitar hospital right now, but I'll get him back on Friday.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

I can't believe I am going to admit this...my guilty pleasure song is "Dancing Queen" by ABBA. That song totally puts a smile on my face.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Lioux... Our hearts and prayers go out to Fernando in this time of need.

Digital... Hide not thine light under a bushel. Let your ABBA flag fly, brother.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

ABBA reminds of simpler times called the seventies, my friend.

Ace Of Base though, I neither enjoy nor condone listening of these one-dimensional counterfeits of that which is ABBA.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

take a chance...


i love abba- female or not!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Braden said...

God dammit ...

... (sigh) ...

... this song is awesome.

But now I've cancelled out all the Real Man Points I got today by working on my car! NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo ....

9:59 PM  
Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

Clinton you are such a Mans Man that even when you think of these things, and put out these indications of HOMOSEXUALITY, I just dont believe it and in fact have to question my own gayness because you see, I ALSO Like ABBA and I ALSO consider myself HETERO ....... signed, one of your own kind and its only because of you that I can admit it... is that gay?

10:47 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Digital... Yeah, I never got the whole Ace of Base thing either. "The Sign" was kinda catchy, I guess, but it's still kind of ass-y.

Andrea... Holla!

Braden... Working on your car? That's totally gay.

Bill... Not as gay as working on your car. I mean, who does that? Hmmm, BRADEN????

("working on your car" really means "doin' it with dudes," right?)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Liöüx said...

I "work on my car" all the time Clinton.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Braden said...

Next you're gonna tell me the Pep Boys are gay.

2:47 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

I heart Abba.

I also love their place in one of my favorite movies, Muriel's Wedding.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home