Monday, October 22, 2007

Hey C-dog, How Are You Feeling?

A little better, Blog-Post Headline, thanks for asking. Not great, of course... still coughing, still phlegmy, but I don't feel as weak and miserable as I did earlier. So that's nice. And I know that things have taken a turn for the better because I've stopped dwelling on my health and have now begun dwelling on the enormous pile of work I'm going to have waiting for me tomorrow when I return to the office.

Seriously, taking a day off at my job is like turning your back on that candy machine from that one episode of I Love Lucy that everyone claims is a comedic classic, but really isn't all that funny when it gets down to brass tacks. And, yes, the same could be said for I Love Lucy as a whole, especially when you compare it to just about any of it's modern-day equivalents, but that's really not my point.

My point is this: Another way that you can tell I'm feeling better is by the increase in my unprovoked attacks on sitcoms from television's so-called "golden age." So-called by a bunch of old farts who hadn't seen Family Matters yet, is all I'm saying. I mean, yeah, whatever, I Love Lucy was the beginging of the sitcom as we know it... but... c'mon. Look into the face of Carl Winslow and try to tell me that your soul isn't lifted up into the stratosphere where the air is thick with laughter, warmth, and also some airplanes that you're probably going to want to dodge. Because those airplanes will kill your Family Matters buzz like *that,* Mr. Sitcom Enthusiast Who Doubted The Effects Of Carl Winslow's Love And Hope That He Wears Around Him Like A Cloak Made From Bible Wisdom.

Anyway, that's all for now. We'll get everything back on track in the sweet, sweet morning time.

Thanks for all your support.

Handsomely Yours...
C-DOG

NOTE: Make Room For Daddy can kiss my ass, too. Lousy Danny Thomas and his nightclub act that was just awful...

2ND NOTE: Remember that one episode of Family Matters where Carl had to run on a treadmill that had been rigged with a bomb? What the fuck was that??? That's like some shit from "24," but during ABC's TGIF line-up. Weird, man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home