Monday, June 18, 2007

New Feature!

Can you feel the excitement? Or are those just the DT's settling in?

Well, no matter. Since I'm at work and bored, I've decided to get proactive here on the ol' blog and set up a new feature, which is something I'm sure you figured out by reading the title of this post. You guys are quick like that.

Anyway, the new feature is "Blog's You're Not Reading (But Should Be)" and it's got it's own little home right under my bio and awesomely animated caricature over there on the right side of your page. It's pretty self-explanatory, but basically it's a place where I can highlight blogs I'm currently reading that are awesome and that, in my estimation, aren't being read by enough people. I won't be making a big hairy deal about it like this every time I change the list, but it will change often enough for it to be worth your while to glance at it every now and again.

Now, in all seriousness, I hope that this new feature isn't taken the wrong way. Or, more specifically, I hope people don't think I'm trying to come off like some sort of big shot, or something; dropping crumbs to the "little people." I'd fucking hate it if that's what people thought I was trying to do because, really, who the fuck am I? I assure you that's not the case and, really, I'm just trying to be a nice guy. However, if everyone does get that impression, please let me know and I'll take down the feature ASAP. Hopefully, though, this will all be taken in the spirit in which it's intended; i.e. In the spirit of continuing to seek out and appreciate good writing, where ever it might be found.

I'm sure you will all think I'm a silly person for including the above paragraph, but hey... what can I say? I'm a worrier. I get it from my Mom, so blame her.

Anyway, alls I'm sayin' is that, under yonder new heading, there's a lot of stuff that's made me laugh. Give it a look-see, won't you?

15 Comments:

Blogger stew said...

oh, my check must have cleared. sweet.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, did you see Hostel 2? Did you like it? What did you think? I need someone to tell me, scene by scene. I don't plan on watching it myself, no, but I still need to know.
And I think you for your support!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

Hopefully, though, this will all be taken in the spirit in which it's intended

I hope it's not taken with spirits. The Ghostbusters finished up in the 80's and Miss Cleo is long gone.

If you talking about Potent Potable-type spirits, well, I'm just the man to help you drink them away.

10:18 PM  
Blogger blythe said...

well, look at that. i guess i'll have to order a i'm kind of a big deal t-shirt now. yes!!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shain said...

i actually do read Bee-Spot (sometimes) and the only reason i recommend it is because it's actually all about me.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Stewpid... C-dog's gettin a fancy new pair of pants! Also, let that be a lesson to everyone; C-dog is easily bribed. Here's the bribing heiarchy:

1. Money/Booze (tie)
2. Delicious Foodstuffs
3. Tickets To Exciting Events
4. DVDs
5. Black-Market Infants

Kathy... I don't know about scene-by-scene (sounds like a lot of work), but I can tell you all the good stuff; i.e. the nasty deaths. That work?

Todd... Heh... "potent-potables." Awesome. Yes, you'll have to help me drink all these spirits away. Er... except that I have no spirits. Bring me spirits!

Blythe... Or you could get a t-shirt with a large gold star on it. That'd work too!

Mr. Shain... Well, naturally. Also, welcome to ZFS!, guy whom I've read a lot about!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Irish and Jew said...

God get off yr high horse!

Hahaha... just kidding. This is a great idea. And besides since yr blog is actually funny, funny like make me spit my drink on my monitor funny, i respect yr opinion... besides im home sick (actually sick not hungover) so i have plenty of time to read new blogs since I have no TV in my bed and I cant get out of my bed.

Cheers,
Irish

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a good idea.

Question: Will these be posted on a rotating basis, (hint: Don't forget about us!) or is this it?

9:45 AM  
Blogger lioux said...

This has given me inspiration to start a new feature on my yet to be titled new blog:

Blogs You're Not Commenting On (But Should Be)

And ZFS!blogspot.com would be my first link!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Irish... Being sick sucks. Feel better, yo! And don't forget: Whiskey is the best medicine. Also, sorry about all the spit on your moniter. I really should be more thoughtful.

Gal Gotham... Rotating basis, totally. And I could never forget about my favorite Midwestern duo.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Lioux... You're the swellest!!!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn DTs.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you know what I am not reading?

How rude!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shain said...

Blogs You're Not Commenting On (But Should Be) is genius.

Also, how about Blogs You Do Read, But You Actually Shouldn't?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Kim & Dic said...

I actually read Stewpid because of you...so it's like your oprah's book club or something and i only bought the book cause it had the endorsement symbol right on the front so i assumed it must be great...but it was..of course..great

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home