Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Let's Talk Edible Underwear

Hey, remember when I mentioned Edible Boxers in the last post? Oh, how we laughed at the pithy reference! Good times! Then we went about our collective day, completely ignoring the rich goldmine of conversation and good humor that we'd left behind. Fortunately, NYC Ponderings Chic was there to pick up our admittedly shameful slack. Thanks to her skill with that most scientific of Internet navigation devices (Google), she was able to locate a place where said Edible Boxers are available for purchase and, because she cares, she posted the link for us in the comments section.

What she found was this:



...and the link is here. Please click, order yourself a couple of pairs, and then come back (no worries, it's SFW).

Okay, so we're dealing with Men's Edible Undies here. Think about that concept for a second. Consider the fact that a guy is supposed to, by design, put these on and have them eaten off him as a part of the act of love. Okay, now think of a guy that you know. Boyfriend, husband, C-dog... whomever. Now think of this particular guy nude, save for a "pink champagne" flavored Fruit Roll-Up stretched across his nethers.

A Lovecraftian horror, right?

The two major problems that I see here are A) Ass Hair and, B) Farts.

Starting with the Ass Hair issue... Guys, generally, have hairy butts. No way around that, unless they're big fans of shaving and/or Nair. And if the particular male that you're bunking down with is, in fact, one who shaves or depilitates his ass, then more power to you; you're one step closer to a mid-coitus snack break. If not, if your dude leans a little more towards the status quo, then think now about the amount of hair on his ass, the stickiness of the edible drawers after they've been warmed up by the guy's body temperature, and the volume of said ass hair that's going to transfer from flesh to Fruit Roll-Up in the time it takes for you to tear those bad boys apart with your teeth. If you need to barf now, it's totally cool. Bottom line: If you're dating a hairy guy and you eat these things off of him, you're probably taking at least a half-cup of ass hair down your gullet too.

The second issue, which is probably the most important, is the issue of Farts. Guys, and again I'm generalizing here, fart a lot. A whole lot. Thus, the odds are pretty good that, during the time that they're wearing the Drawers of Many Horrors, they're going to let one rip. Unless you throw them on and immediately start chowing down... yeah, you're going to be eating a fart. While there are, I'm sure, some people who would find this to be an unexpected bonus, I'd like to think that most of us would consider this a fate only slightly preferable to getting shot in the face.

So, in the end (pun most definitely intended), I think it's best for everyone if we all, as a group, stay away from the Edible Underwear for as long as possible. Just not a good idea. Though it should be noted that ZFS! does wholeheartedly endorse the usage of whipped cream and chocolate syrup, either in the bedroom or when making me a delicious sundae.

26 Comments:

Blogger stew said...

omg stop! you're making me hungry!!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger stew said...

two thoughts:

1. this whole shaving-your nads thing has given rise to the really horrible phenomenon known to one and all as Ass Stubble. I hate to sound retro and olde-fashuned, but I long for the return of good ole pubic hair and would love to bid a fond farewell to no one's friend, Ass Stubble

(ps this is highly, highly theoretical, as I never ever get laid)

2. I read the other day that the average person farts 14 times a day.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kim & Dic said...

i think this actually makes me semi-famous..maybe? do you see what i did there, i turned something about YOU around into something about ME...ahh good times are always had here....seriously can you buy them and investiage the situation please..

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...I should be returning your Birthday gift, then: a baker's dozen of delicious strawberry undergarments...bought at Spencers.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Stewpid... If that's the case, than I am finally, FINALLY above-average in at least one catagory.

NYC Ponderings... Hoisted on my own petard. Nicely done and, of course, thanks again for doing the legwork!

Girlfriend... Now let's not get hasty. If I don't have to put them on, we can still eat them. A Fruit Roll-Up's a Fruit Roll-Up, underwear-shaped or not.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Irish and Jew said...

my "friends" once tried to use the choco syrup that they make especially for sexy times. They had white sheets and a white bedspread. They never got the stains out.

Long story short, every time they used these sheets they had to explain anyone that ventured into their bedroom that, no, they weren't 'bed shitters.'

And yes, it would have been easier for them to buy some new sheets, but thems were the poor old days.

-Jew

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this was pretty funny. And no, you're not getting any money out of me.

2:52 PM  
Blogger stew said...

oh, crap, you've jumped the banjo shark.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they make banana flavored edible man-thongs? A banana-flavored banana hammock if you will?

Speaking of abnormally proportioned men in insanely small underwear (and I know I am) - anyone who's interested in them should definitely give the International Male catalog a gander (via mail or Internets!). A good laughter-inducing time will be had by all (all who aren't disturbed by such things, that is).

I signed my brother up to receive it at his house. He was not amused. :D

3:11 PM  
Blogger lioux said...

What if you can't eat the all undies in one sitting. Can you put the leftovers in the refrigerator for later?! Will they go bad?!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Jew... I would have been all, "Yeah we shit the bed. Wanna make an issue out of it, motherfucker?" You know, just to mess with peoples heads.

Banjo... Welcome to the Dark Side. Soon, you will call *me* Master.

Stewpid... All part of my plan.

Giggleloop... I'll keep that in mind!

Lioux... They last like Twinkies.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

As for pubic hair stubble, I think it's better to trim rather than completely shave your nether regions.

You won't chafe, or have itchy annoying stubble.

Plus this post totally verifies that C-Dog is not gay.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Jonathan T said...

"Amazingly," you turned it into being about you (or what we can do for you) at the end. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

And I assume that we would be making a banana split? [rimshot]

4:56 PM  
Blogger The Cajun Boy said...

not a big fan of the edis myself. they give me gas. seriously.

5:29 PM  
Blogger stew said...

lioux makes a good point because there's seriously nothing more embarrassing than going, "i'm sorry, your underwear is delicious but I am totally full. I guess I had a big lunch." Then you kind of have to get up, make the tinfoil swan for the panty leftovers, apologize again... It's really a buzzkill.

5:35 PM  
Blogger blythe said...

wanna talk about buzzkill? once i found edible underwear when i was looking for the iron in my childhood home. true story.

6:09 PM  
Blogger d said...

i think we're missing the point here lioux. you don't have to eat the whole thing. just the crotch part. you know to get to the good bits.

but i think that any consumer conscious person would recycle the rest into snacks for their kids. or you know, make a thong out of what's left that way you can reuse them.

(the thought of all that pubic hair stuck to the underside of a fruit rollup is kinda making me throw up in my mouth. a lot.)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

I'm working my way to edible underwear. For now, I'm sticking with eating my dinner out of my regular underwear.

It doesn't work well with soup.

7:21 PM  
Blogger lioux said...

I know. Right, Stiouxpid?

I'm constantly eating throughout the day...I get full sometimes.

And D. I like this thong idea.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Stewpid & Todd... You guys win awards for Best Comments O' The Day.

Blythe... I'm so glad my parents were divorced and I never had to experience that sort of thing. (shudder)

10:06 AM  
Blogger quin browne said...

1. shave

2. no corned beef for you

3. this is why you pay for sex sometimes.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Irish and Jew said...

Ok i just read the rest of these comments today, seriously dying. lol, the idea of d. just taking a huge bite out of the crotch of the underwear and then wrapping the rest up for her kids makes me laugh so hard my overies hurt.

-J

11:29 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Who's got the best commenters on the internet? C-dog, that's who.

You guys kill me, across the board.

11:43 AM  
Blogger lioux said...

I Love, Love, Love us!!!

3:58 PM  
Blogger i like cheese said...

I'm not too keen on those edible undie thingies you mention, for all of your reasons and more.

However, I thought I'd let you know that it's REALLY fun to smear cupcakes from the Little Cupcake Cafe all over one's lovah and lick it all off. Just sayin.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Im most definitely getting some for my friends! Wow if I owned a company that made edible undies I would definitely make them in Protein flavor also for all of us Body Builders!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home