Sunday, June 10, 2007

Friday Night

NOTE: Hand to something holy, this is the last time I'll bring it up.

So we went to a bar, a whole bunch of us, and I of course got very drunk and I didn't cry. Not in front of her, anyway. I made it around the corner and out of sight, which means that, since nobody technically saw me, that I didn't.

Okay, Girlfriend saw me, yes; it has her shoulder upon which I cried. Whatever; I've got dirt on her too, so I know she'll keep it quiet. Besides, I'm so goddamn manly that I'm allowed, once every five or six years, to have a good cry without it threatening my masculinity. This was my one until at least 2012, so nobody I love can die until then, nor can the Mets win the World Series. Sucks, but way it goes.

Anyway, by the time we got to the actually exchanging of goodbyes, I was so far into my cups that now, two days later, I don't remember what was said. I was a little pissed at myself at first; you had an important memory and you obliterated it with alcohol, you friggin' idiot, etc... but thinking about it, I've realized that A) because I was so drunk, it's doubtful that I said anything particularly profound, and B) who needs a sad thing like that cluttering up the brain? Nobody, that's who. It's better this way.

I do remember that right after I had my extremely butch, masculine cry, I took a piss on a bush somewhere along 87th street on the East side. Then there was a long subway ride, followed by us walking home in a dramatic, perfectly mood-appropriate thunderstorm that left Girlfriend and I soaked.

So yes... bar, lots of drinking, drunk, saying goodbye to my friend of 15 years, public urination, accurately themed weather, a bowl of rice to squash the hangover, and a long, long sleep.

That, kids, is a full, rich evening if ever there was one.

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend! Regular, non-whiny posts to commence... now!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I took a piss on a bush somewhere along 87th street on the East side

Since this is the street I live on could you give me a heads up on where not to step?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Somewhere between the bar called Aces and Eights and the 4 train. Other than that, I don't remember.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ace's and eights is a 87th and 2nd. Yep, you probably peed in the same bush I did two weeks ago.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if thats not some solid male bonding right there then I dont know what is, You guys Pissing in the same place.--- not that I really understand it, but Einstein had a theory that had a corrolary that said time is an illusion, the past and the future and the present are all now. and if so, not only did you pee in the same place you did it together,at the same time, hopefully you weren't also holding each others members, cause that would be some GAY male bonding, (not that there is anything wrong with that) But I digress, I really just wanted to comment on how I think I learned something. No one likes to listen to a whiner, yet Although that was kind of what you were doing it was so funny that it didnt feel like whining to me. I am going to try that, its a new technique for whining -- Funny whining.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Well, SOMEBODY was holding my member. I don't think it was Girlfriend; she was on lookout duty. Whomever it was, they were very gentle.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment; funny whining is the wave of the future, dude!!!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - wasn't Spring Awakening that musical you went to a few months ago? They cleaned up at the Tony's last night!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I know! C-dog knows how to pick 'em, fer sure. I need to YouTube the performances, because I heard they were really good.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home