Tuesday, June 05, 2007

You Pick The Emotion

One of my best friends in the entire world, Amy (the one with whom I went to Chicago), has decided to leave New York for good. There are a variety of reasons for this, but mainly it has to do with her wanting a fresh start in a new scene, having lived in NYC for the last nine years and just generally being sick of it all. The problem that I'm having is this: I don't know how to feel. I mean, yes, I'm bummed that we won't be able to hang out any more, but beyond that, where the territory gets "real," I'm totally lost. I've never been good with this kind of thing, truthfully; being male and Texan, I was taught that emotions are the things that you squish down into the hollowest part of your body, then drown with liquor.

So I turn to you, ZFS-keteers. Help C-dog get his feelin' on. As near as I can tell, these are the options:

A) Despair

B) Anger

C) Indifference (NOTE: Not likely, but still an option)

D) Acceptance

and...

E) An overwhelming desire to drink

That last one, though relevant, probably doesn't count as that tends to be my median setting anyway. At any rate, there you have it. The list of emotions, one of which I think I'm supposed to be experiencing. C'mon, help a blogger out; tell me what to feel.

If this works out, you're going to start making all my decisions. Just so's ya know...

13 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Vague denial maybe?

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your emotional quandry the reason why the quality of your posts has dipped so dramatically lately?

5:22 PM  
Blogger stew said...

(f) nausea

5:27 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Big Daddy... There's definitely some denial going on.

Anonymous... Helpful!

Stewpid... Nausea is a factor, too.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about sad acceptance but realize she needs to be happy, then have a drink or two, or...Set her free man and buy her a webcam as a going away present.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

g) sob uncontrolably every day on the subway for six months.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clint maybe this will cheer you up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAddya_6wV8

4:38 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

David... That sounds like the actions of a man way more mature than I.

Beehive... See, that's a little more my speed.

David 2... Oh my god!!! It's like staring into the sun while eating a birthday cake! GENIUS!!! I take it this is your handiwork?

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shhhhhhh. Maybe I should have used a dildo and called it the Lesbian Mesmerizer Polka, damn it why didn’t I think of that yesterday.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Clinton, my bff moved to the other side of the world, Australia, last fall. As in, tomorrow-land where they have koalas and dingos and diggeridoos and such. Where if you try to fly the 57 hour flight from there you crash on an island where some crazy shit happens on a regular basis and you never get found.
So comparatively, Amy's probably not going so very far away. You will soldier on, and you will keep in touch via all the technological ways we have in modern times. So maybe, feel resolve or determination to keep the fun times rolling, though they won't be in person as much.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Yup, Australia's got me beat. Going back to Texas is like moving from Brooklyn to the Bronx, comparitively.

You're totally right, though; it's not like she's going off to war or something (far as I know). We'll still keep in touch and all that. Just will require a little more effort.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Hey Clint, one my best friends and greatest drinking buddies (we've know each other since high school) is moving to Singapore next week. Maybe you and I should start a support group with lots of drinking involved.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Agreed. We can call ourselves something dramatic and awesome like "Those Left Behind," or "The Lonely Drunks."

Yeah. I'm getting t-shirts made.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home