Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Failed Post

I saw this guy on the train yesterday dancing along to his iPod in a ridiculous fashion. He was super-ghetto, had a freaky gimp leg, and was sweating more than theme-park worker that's been forced to wear the Mickey suit in July. He moved like a dude on Soul Train and was completely oblivious to the other people around him.

It was, in a word, awesome. I wanted to blog about it, and I've tried, but ultimately it's become apparent that it's one of those things that you just kind of had to see to really get. It's sad, because I thought up a great title for the post and now I can't use it, unless I should happen to see another crazy dancer on the subway. Admittedly, there's a pretty fair chance of that, but still.

(sigh)

It's hard out there for a blogger. True dat.




NOTE: The title was "Hold Me Closer, Subway Dancer"

10 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

I wanted to COMMENT about it, and I've tried, but ultimately it's become apparent that it's one of those things that you just kind of had to see to really get.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Every time I hear that song, I think of 'hold me closer, Tony Danza' thanks to my friend Sara thinking what that said as a kid.

Was it this guy?

3:54 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Or maybe him?

3:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This happens a lot. So many things are not even worth trying to explain.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Lioux... It's cool, dude. You tried your best.

Big Daddy... Nope. Think even more gangsta-y than the first one and a much better dancer than the second one.

Midwesterner... You speak the truth.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Kim & Dic said...

did you read irish&jew ? one of them dances to billy joel on the train..beautiful and poetic...I personally would like to see someone dance to 'we didnt start the fire' on the train

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, even with the camera phone, which I have yet to really use, there are somethings that you just can't capture...my Moby Dick was this homeless guy who was hanging out in my neighborhood for a few weeks. He would sit there, surrounded by all his worldly possessions stuffed in Duane Reade bags in a shopping cart.

The kicker was this: everytime I saw him, he was using a Blackberry. I swear this is true. Had I captured a shot of this, the possibilities would have been endless!!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

NYC Ponderings... Yeah, I believe it's Jew who puts on her on personal version of Movin' Out. And I, too, would pay good money to see it.

Gal Gotham... The mind boggles as to what a homeless man could possibly do with a Blackberry. Did he find it? Steal it? Does he have homeless-guy email???

6:12 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

I get like that when I'm drunk. I write an entire post, then read it the next day and realize that it's crap.

Wait, I do that every day. Never mind.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

You're drunk every day? Dude, we so have to party, especially if you're buying.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home