Monday, June 11, 2007

Tres Magnifique!!!

When I woke up this morning, I had no idea that by 2pm, I'd have a burning desire to own a bunch of French posters for The Simpsons Movie. Hell, I didn't even know that they existed; I mean I guess there was a general assumption that the movie would be released in France and that, sure, they'd probably have posters to advertise said movie and, being as how it's France, those posters would probably be in the native tongue.

Still, for all intents and purposes, I was in the dark.

Then I stumbled upon these beauties and everything changed:



and...



I was amped to see this anyway, but now that I've seen some graphic representation of it's advertising that contains a romance language... well, dude, now I'm triple-amped. I'm currently shouldering a gallon of Red Bull and a half-pack of No-Doz's worth of excitement and I'll tell you straight up: It feels awesome!

Anyway, I guess the real question is, why does the addition of French make me this crazed to see The Simpsons Movie? Well, I don't know. But it does.

Sorry, sometimes life's mysteries must remain unsolved. However, you can see two more examples of the above wonderments here, if that will make you feel any better.

8 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

My French former roommate LOVED Les Simpson™®©. I think he loved how it made stupid Americans look so stupid and fat. But, ho-ho-ho-hoo Les Simpson certainly does enough fun-poking at the French as well.
Good! Les jerques.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Judging by the French people that I've met, I don't know if I could handle living with one of them. They tend to be, and I'm generalizing here, douchebags.

I did, however, live with a British dude for awhile and he was friggin' awesome!

Brits :: Yes!
French :: NON!!!

3:09 PM  
Blogger lioux said...

J'Aime, Aime, Aime le Simpsons ® ™ © ™ et ne peux pas complètement attendre pour le voir!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Translating Lioux: "I like, Likes, Likes the Simpsons and completely cannot await to see it!"

(according the free translation service I found online)

3:29 PM  
Blogger lioux said...

Wait.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Simpsons®™©™.

I guess I'll have to start including my own subtitles.

Stupid free online translators.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Hahaha!
Frogs.
Yeah, Rodolphe def personified the snooty French stereotype. But in the same house (in Dublin), I also lived with many other international roommates, so it balanced out.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

J'adore Dior!

Oops. Wrong post.

Les Simpsons sont fous!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Lioux... I knew what you meant; those free translators are commies.

Colleen... Ew. "Rodolphe." How can you not be a jerkwad with that name?

Big Daddy... Hey, we all adore Dior. No worries!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home