Friday, June 15, 2007

UPDATE: Oooh, Event-y...

UPDATE: It. Was. Awesome!!! I just can't get over how freakin' good this movie is, and I've seen it, at last count, a bajillion times. Anyway, hope everyone is having a lovely Father's Day. Now, back to drinking!

---------------------------------------------

NOTE: "Oooh, Event-y" is the best friend and roommate of "Oooh, Pretty." When "Oooh, Pretty" is too hungover to show up for it's regular post, "Oooh, Event-y" will step in. Because that's what best friends do for each other.



On Sunday, at 2:00pm in beautiful(ish...) Queens, New York, the Museum of the Moving Image will be screening the 70's classic The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as part of it's "It's Only A Movie" horror fest. I'm going to be there, because awesome shit like this is why I moved to NYC in the first place. Who's down??? C'mon, it's one of the best movies of the last 30 years, the way it was meant to be seen: With me!

Seriously, though, I'm totally there. Support good horror, motherfuckers! Oooh, Event-y!!!

Here's the link again, with times, dates, prices, what-have-you's for the whole festival.

5 Comments:

Blogger quin browne said...

i just want to live in astoria or sunnyside.

that's what i want from queens.

really.

is it that much to ask?

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend wanted to see the new version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. But before he went to the movies, he rented the original. He honestly thought he rented an edited version. He was just like "there's no blood."

I said that's because there's tons more art involved than there is blood in that movie.

It's a pain in the ass hanging out with a bunch of movie philistines.

Also, as a side note: What did you think of the remake?

2:57 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Quin... No, I suppose not. I never really "got" Queens, though. Before she moved, my friend Amy lived in Astoria and, though I'd visit her there often, it just never really seemed to have anything over Brooklyn. Probably just a "me" thing, but there you go.

Chris... Exactly. I was just having this conversation with someone the other day. TXCM is not a gory movie; not at all. People think it is, due to it's reputation and because (at the time) Tobe Hooper was highly skilled at his craft. But, nope. As for the remake, I wasn't a huge fan, but I liked it a little better than I thought I would. For one thing, I thought the cinematography was gorgeous. I also thought Jessica Biel did a suprisingly good job. Otherwise, meh. The second remake, the TXCM: The Begininging... utter poo.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I must force myself to Queens and go to at least one of these films. I'm not too big on TXCM, but I can understand how a Texan would appreciate it more than I. A chainsaw-wielding Texan.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I didn't really no what to expect, having never been to a screening at the MoMI before, but I have to say it was pretty sweet. Great sound, good projection, and comfy seats. An enjoyable viewing experience.

And, bonus, they were nice enough to hang on to my chainsaw at the front desk while I enjoyed the show.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home