Monday, May 07, 2007

Various Bits Of A Weekend

NOTE: Clinton has gotten it into his head that you're all just itchy with excitement to hear about the crap he did over the weekend. It's mostly stuff that is not, as such, terribly interesting to anyone with the exception of Clinton himself, and it's only interesting to him because he's ridiculously self-involved. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up because, like it or not, he's going through with the telling. Fair warning, you know.

2ND NOTE: Please ignore the fact that this is obviously Clinton talking about himself in the third person. Clinton gets a little weird in the mornings, before the coffee has had a chance to kick in.

Over The Weekend, I...

Walked Great Distances - Ah, walking; that most base of transportations. It'll get you from point A to point B (slowly, of course), and it's good for you to boot! Girlfriend and I engaged in a couple of epic, neighborhood spanning walks this weekend; starting at our apartment we walked all the way down to the Verrazano Bridge and then, the next day, we walked from our apartment all the way up to the Atlantic center. That's a grand total of seven miles! Or so! I didn't bother to do the math! Still, quite an accomplishment. Yes, my ankles and knees currently feel as if the joints have been lined with gravel and, yes, my thighs feel like they've been replaced by scale-model replicas of the Hindenburg that have been lit on fire for historical accuracy but... still... it's good to get out and exercise.

Enjoyed Food From Foreign Lands - Well, Mexico. I guess it's hard to call a place "foreign" when you grew up in a state that touched it's border and is pleasantly rife with it's culture. No matter. I once again made my world-famous, potentially award-winning salsa, but this time I upped the ante. I took a large tortilla, see, and grated upon it a large quantity of cheese. Then, lovingly, like a parent sending its child into the world, I spooned the salsa over the cheese in an elegant fashion. I then placed another large tortilla on top, making what's known South of the border as a "Quesadilla." I set it in a frying pan with some butter and I fried it on both sides, until the cheese got all gooshy and the outside was golden, brown and delicious (Thank you very much, Alton). After shoving the results in my face and chewing lustily, I said, as did Girlfriend, quote, "Yum!" And we meant it. We really did. Oh! Also! If we're considering beverages a food, I had a Middle Eastern soda called "Vimto." It's delicious, fruit-flavored, and it looks approximately (or, rather, exactly) like this:



Took A Blogging Vacation - By that, I mean I took a vacation away from blogging. It was nice; not something I want to make a habit of, obviously, because I love you guys way to much and, also, I crave attention like a junkie craves the sweet, sweet Lady H. The withdrawals from not-blogging would snap my spine. That being said, it was good to work on other things (working on a novel in an attempt to put credence to the statement "I am a writer") and to just generally enjoy life away from the computer for a little while, however brief.

Saw A Spectacular Broadway Show - A friend of ours randomly hooked us up with free tickets to this new show called Coram Boy. We'd never heard of it, and all we knew was that it had just came over from London where it was a huge smash, and that our friend who got us the tickets said it was "creepy and depressing." While that's true, seriously guys, it was one of the best shows this theater weenie has ever seen on Broadway. No joke. Not knowing a lot about it really added to the experience, so I won't go crazy with the details here, but just know that it's a Dickensian tale of orphans, choral music, infanticide, slave-trading and, of course, love. If you're in the NYC area and you're looking for something with a bit more meat and bite than, say, Hairspray, Coram Boy has officially received the ZFS! Quality Theater stamp of approval.

So... that was my weekend, essentially. Anybody else do anything exciting?

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

they've been replaced by scale-model replicas of the Hindenburg

On the 70th anniversy no less

10:48 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Well I do try to be topical.

10:49 AM  
Blogger lioux said...

My weekend was AWESOME as well!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

And I know you mean it because you italicized "awesome." Which is in and of it's self awesome.

So awesome all around, then?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

We also did some serious Brooklyn walkin...but I am sure Jeff will be blogging about it shortly...

11:41 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

It's good to walk; being a lazy Southerner, where we'll routinely drive to visit our next door neighbors, it's still a bit of a new experience. But I good one, nonetheless.

12:16 PM  
Blogger lioux said...

I just posted about my AWESOME weekend.

Not only was it an italicized weekend, but it was also in ALL CAPS!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I too made Mexican-inspired cuisine this weekend. I also did some other fun stuff!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Lioux... An "all caps" weekend? Nicely done, sir. Nicely done.

Colleen... Glad everyone was able to get down with their bad selves this weekend.

2:32 PM  
Blogger stew said...

awesome here as well!!! not italics awesome, because I'm not throwin' around the itals like it's Mardi Gras and the weekend was showing me its hoohoos, but awesome, really very awesome. I think I ate some stuff and I did some stuff. Also, drank some stuff. I, too, consumed Mexican-inspired stuff (I made nachos last night) oh and a really way way old ex-boyfriend located me on MySpace. The end.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

You can never go wrong with nachos. I think that's in the Bible somewhere. Or maybe I just saw it at a Taco Bell. Either way, it's the truth.

Oh, an old girlfriend looking me up on Myspace would weird me out. Like, a lot.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

As Kitty mentioned, I had planned to blog today about our weekend adventure but the internets were broken at work. Don't worry I'll post something tomorrow and just pretend that today never happened.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home