Thursday, May 03, 2007

Whaaa...?

Okay, this is baseball-related and therefore uninteresting to most people but still, I've got to mention this:

Was everyone else aware the Milwaukee Brewers currently have the best record in the major leagues? I just noticed this just now and, seriously, I feel like I've slipped through a tear in the fabric of time and have landed in a dimension where up is down, East is West and teams that are historically terrible are front-runners. And, yes, I know they've won the World Series before and I know that they've had good teams, seasons, etc. Whatever. That was waaaaay before my time, ergo it requires research to get my facts straight and I'm really not interested in doing that, thanks so much.

Anyway... that's me for the moment. How is everyone else's day going? Working hard or hardly workin' (har har!)

Fuck, I need a drink.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I can honestly say that I was not aware of that stat. And since you asked, my day is going along just swimmingly. A little busier than usual but that's alright. Thanks for asking!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the resident baseball expert, what do you need to know?

The irritating part for me, is that their GM is the Rangers old GM that we fired because he wanted to rebuild. We spent a billion dollars on AROD because we wanted to compete now and the Brewers hired Doug Melvin to rebuild the franchise. Now what we failed to look at is the fact that we won three division titles under Melvin and haven't finished above third since then.

Why do I support the biggest god damn bunch of losers in sports history?

12:58 PM  
Blogger lioux said...

My day has been pretty productive, Clinton. Thanks for asking.

In another baseball related topic, I was driving home from Company, Inc. the other day and was wondering if someone had a preferance for sleeping with the entire New York Mets®™©™ organization does that make them a Metsrasexual?

12:59 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Jeff... No problem. I'm trying to foster a family atmosphere over here.

Scott... You and my father should start a support group. I routinely get despondant phone calls from him about the plight of the Rangers. Jumping ship and putting all my weight behind the Mets was the smartest decision I ever made with regards to my blood pressure.

Lioux... (rimshot). And yes. My girlfriend is a Metrasexual.

1:18 PM  
Blogger dmbmeg said...

yes i was aware, but they're in the NL Central. That's like me trying to play basketball with a bunch of 3 year olds...ok maybe not, but the NL sucks.

How is it that the Twins are third behind the CLEVELAND INDIANS??!?!?!?!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Yeah, but don't expect that to last very long. The Twins are better team than the Indians and, long haul, that will become apparant.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably not so much that they're good, but that everyone else is currently sucking in comparison, lol.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Well, yes, there is that too.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home