Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Pain In An Unusual Place

So this morning, I was brushing my teeth because I care about dental hygiene and I don't want to end up looking like a fat Shane Macgowan. I'm scrubbing away and everything is pleasant; there's a cool breeze blowing through our apartment and my toothpaste is deliciously minty and everything in general is mellow and calm.

Then, tragedy kicked it's way into the bathroom, roughly grabbed me by the shirt and said, "Hey buddy, let's get it OOOOWWWWNNN!!!!"

What happened was this: I stuck out my tongue for to give it a few cursory swipes with the toothbrush, as is part of my daily mouth-cleansing ritual. When I did this, I guess I over-extended the tongue or something because suddenly all of the muscles under my jaw seized up into a painful knot. You know how you sometimes get a Charley horse in your leg when you stretch weird? It was like that, but right where my chin meets my throat.

It hurt. Bad. It felt like someone had jammed an fork in there and then twisted it around as if my throat muscles were pasta strands that needed to be twirled together to facilitate the eating process. I rubbed the knot frantically for a few seconds until the pain subsided and the muscles loosened. I then vowed never to brush my teeth again if it was going to lead to this kind of torment.

So if we should ever meet, you might want to have some Tic-Tacs on hand because my breath will probably be kickin'.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up C-Dog.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I just want everyone to be prepared. Also, Tic-Tacs are delicious.

2:32 PM  
Blogger lioux said...

What are you thoughts on gum, Clinton?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Never brush. My buddy Woody Harrelson™®© told me that. Tom's of Maine mouthwash!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Lioux... I think gum is the bee's knees. My favorite is Dentyne Ice: Arctic Chill. It's the mintiest ever!

Colleen... Well, he IS a celebrity. I guess I'll follow his stinky, stinky advice.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Brushing is way over rated.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

What a bizarre injury, but I can see it happen.

For some reason I will get spontaneous muscle spasms in random places. It's best not to be grooming oneself when it happens.

4:51 PM  
Blogger dmbmeg said...

tell your girlfriend I am sorry for your injury because she is clearly the one who will be suffering the most.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Jeff... Also, it's for suckers.

Big Daddy... Yeah, that'd suck pretty bad.

Dmbmeg... I can only assume that you're refering to said injury's affect on my ability to engage Girlfriend in pleasent conversation. No worries! The pain has cleared up and I can now move my jaw in a manner most pleasing!

7:14 AM  
Blogger quin browne said...

did i mention that i fell flat on my breasticles in front of the h-wood tribe?

flat?

if they had been fake, they'd be under my armpits now.

when i stand up, not just lying down.

and you complain of a jaw.

pfftt.

have a vicodin and stop complaining.

i did.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I could go for some Vicodin.

3:16 PM  
Blogger quin browne said...

i have some.

one of the perks of cancer.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very informative post about Pain In An Unusual Place! Keep the nice job. We would love to see more, and I want to know if do you have knowledge about inversiones rentables
I need help with that

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home