Thursday, March 22, 2007

Server Crash!

We've been without internet for the last two hours because our building's server crashed and, seriously, you'd think that our oxygen supply had been cut off. Never have I been party to such histrionics, wailing and gnashing of teeth, and that was just from me! All my co-workers were going through the seven stages of grief, rapidly, and being damn vocal about it too. Not that I don't understand, of course; Hell, I started cutting myself from the stress like that one guy in The Abyss.

Anyway, we're back in business, it seems, so... I don't know... everybody dance!

6 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Seriously, how did people work in offices before the Internet? Smoking? Faxing cartoons to each other? Yikes.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I think they just played one lone, never-ending game of tic-tac-toe. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

3:02 PM  
Blogger C.R. III said...

They used to have sex with each other in what was called "The Supply Room". Or so I'm told. I missed out on the glory days, I guess.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Point of fact: These were also the days where you could drink at your desk and nobody cared.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Wait, those days ended?

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the best MSP system for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central it outsourcing
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home