Monday, March 19, 2007

Ugh

In case any of you are rushing to your computer in a cold sweat, worried about my current state of being on this pleasantly cool evening, please, allow me to put your mind at rest:

Right at this moment, I feel exactly like a reticulated python who has just taken down, crushed to death and swallowed whole an entire wild gazelle on the plains of the Serengeti. Me feeling this way (in other words, fat, bloated and even more fat) has a lot to do with the fact that Girlfriend and I went out for a meal at this little Spanish food place where, unbeknownst to us, they serve portions so large that the ghosts of John Candy and Raymond Burr appeared and went, "Goodness gracious... that's much to much food." We're talking piles of food here; mounds, even. That's right! Real, no-foolin' mounds!!! With it all spread out before me like plates of batter-fried jewels, I felt like one of history's more decedent, lush-living kings.

Now I just feel sick.

Anyhoo, that's where I'm at this evening. Now I'm going to lay on the bed and digest until morning. Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger lioux said...

I Loathe, Loathe, Loathe that Thanksgiving/Family holiday dinner type of full feeling.

Damn you food. Why are you so delicious?

9:02 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

A question I ask myself every day as I cram more and more beef down my gullet. Followed by pie.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Beehive Hairdresser said...

Just wanted to extend my appreciation in your use of "anyhoo".

9:13 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Thank you. It's one of those words that, when correctly, can add a nice sense of whimsy to your sentances. But, when over-used, it can make people want to hit you with their shoe.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Food comas can be OK. Like if you're in the mood to lie around like a slug.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home