Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Oddest Thing I've Heard Today

Apparently Aaron Sorkin is teaming up with The Flaming Lips to turn the latter's album "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" into a new Broadway musical.

The first thing that comes to mind is, naturally, "Wha...?"

I don't really know what to think about this. It's weird.... I like Aaron Sorkin; A lot, actually. And I like The Flaming Lips (well, I liked that specific album, anyway). But, you know, I like beer and I like Lucky Charms, but I wouldn't necessarily put one with the other.

Hmm... I'm actually at a bit of a loss here. Thoughts, guys?

Source: Gawker

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Sure, it sounds crazy but beer and Lucky Charms might actually be good together.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Beehive Hairdresser said...

Sounds like a high level boy scout scam.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Jeff... Now that I've brought it up, I guess i'm going to have to try it. I understand that's how the internet works.

Beehive... DAMN YOU, BOY SCOUTS!!!!!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that mean Sorkin is ending Studio 60?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Braden said...

The latest I'd heard about Studio 60 was that the network was still deciding whether or not to finish the season; I've also read that the ratings have been abysmal. It'd be nice to wrap up the season, though, and not with a West Wing styled cliffhanger.

3:18 AM  
Blogger FrancesDanger said...

I'm conflicted. It'd make a better Saturday morning cartoon but I'm still curious as to the results.

I see their ex-guitarist/graphics guy out a lot. I'll have to pick his brain for more information.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Braden... What sucks is that, because Studio 60's been off so long, I've kinda gotten over it. I'm thinking now I might just wait for the inevitable DVD and just watch the whole thing straight through.

Frances... I live in New York and I feel like I never see famous people. Although I did see Matt Damon the other day, so I guess, nevermind.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Irish and Jew said...

I think this sounds like the perfect excuse I've benn looking for to berak my vow of "never using hallucinogens again".

~Irish

11:20 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I know, right? Just thinking about it makes me see vapor trails.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home