Sunday, March 25, 2007

Behind The Times

Question... Was everyone else already aware that the US version of The Office is hilarious and awesome? Because I just watched the six-episode first season and, gotta say, that's some quality, laugh-tasitc, uncomfortable, heart-breaking television right there.

You were all aware? All of you? Really? Wow.

Well, hey, I'm in the club now, right? Better late than never, as my father used to say when he gave me Christmas presents in April. Who's with me... anybody...?

Man, can I tell you how much it blows being the guy that's always behind the curve, pop culture-wise? I'm all like, "Hey everybody, this new band called The Shins will blow your mind" and everyone goes, in unison, with a smirk, "Um, yeah, we loved them too when they first came out four years ago, so why don't just go ahead and buy that Garden State t-shirt and we'll check ya later." It's not my fault I don't pay attention to things, you know? I just happen to be more self-involved than most (proof: this blog). Like that's a bad thing, or something.

Hrm... well, anyway... all I'm saying is that The Office is awesome. At least season 1 is. I'll let you know how season 2 treats me, though I'm sure you've all seen it, so you know what's up. Oh and, hey, just a heads up, I'm pretty sure this book I just read is going to be the next big thing. It's about a theme park full of dinosaurs and all the dinosaurs go crazy and eat a bunch of people. So you just remember who told you about Jurassic Park first, m'kay?

C-dog. That's who.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude... the second season is soooo much better than the first.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Wife said...

Is this Clinty-come-lately viwing of season one at all the result of my recent posts? Cause that would be kind of awesome. Enjoy, because it only gets better in season two.

-Wife

4:28 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Scott... I just watched the first two episodes of season 2 and they were, as the kids say, "off da chain." I'm trying to pace myself though; make the love last, as it were.

Wife... Your post was sort of the last straw, yes. I've had friends of mine for the last year or so yell at me for not being a fan, though, so don't get too cocky.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Season 2 is hysterical, and 20 something episodes long...I'm not math genius, but that's like 10 hours of non-stop laughter.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've protested out of loyalty to the UK version. I probably just need to breakdown and watch the American version, tho.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Yeah, that was the way I felt too. Turns out, though, that it's quite different and is very much it's own show. The only episode that's hard to watch (with UK loyalties) is the pilot, which is VERY similar to the original. Otherwise, it's all good.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the US version first so it took some adjusting to watch the British version. I hated it at first. But since I wasn't willing to accept the "you just don't get british comedy" excuse I really ended up enjoying it.

The difference between the two, is that the US version is just a little more optimistic. Look up The Office on wikipedia. There is a French version, a German version, and a French Canadian version.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I'm the same way, loyal to the UK one. Now that everyone at cocktail parties insists that I have to watch the US one, I'm too far behind to start without renting it. So laziness has added to the stubbornness as reason for not watching.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Scott... I can't even imagine what a French-Canadian "The Office" would look like. I bet it's about fur trappers.

Colleen... Totally, me too. That's why it's taken me until the third season to get on it.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Irish and Jew said...

I spent a lazy sunday at my friend's house a couple of weeks ago. We watched The (american) Office, Extras, and Arrested Development all day. It was AWESOME.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Ooooh, that sounds nice. Extras was/is a great show. I don't have HBO, so I'm going to have to wait for season 2 to hit DVD.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

You should check out 'Little Britain' as well, if you haven't already done so.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Little Britain is on my "one of these days" list. I've heard they're great, though.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The French-Canadian version of the Office probably has those two fur-trappers from Kids in the Hall in it, going through the cubicle farm in their canoe. <3

4:44 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

That is TOTALLY what I was thinking of when I said that. Nicely done.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often find that song they sing stuck in my head. Man, that should have been the DVD I brought to work to watch tonight. Dang it. Oh well, Stargate Atlantis tonight, Kids in the Hall tomorrow, lol.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home