Sunday, May 04, 2008

A Wedding Wrap-Up, Plus An Explanation Of The Forthcoming Paucity Of Posts

-The wedding was lovely. The chapel was this huge, modern-y glass and wood triangle that I'm pretty sure was from the future, but the Logan's Run, 70s-inspired future, and if you're going to have a wedding in a church, this is the one you want to have it in for the sake of awesomeness. Everyone basically said everything they were supposed to say at the right time, rings were exchanged sans wacky, Best Man-related hijinks, and even the kids involved in the service didn't do anything worthy of a Funniest Home Videos entry. The reception remains a blur of dancing, beer, and delicious wild boar spareribs of which I ate roughly nine boars-worth.

-I look good in a tux. Perhaps a little too reminiscent of the Marvel supervillian Kingpin, at least in terms of wideness, but nonetheless... dapper and clean-cut and like James Bond if he rented and also had a deep, biblical love for bacon cheeseburgers. Pictures of me looking dead-sexy to undoubtedly follow, if science feels that the internet is capable of handling my raw heat coursing through it's series of tubes.

-Now, the bad news... the sad news, more accurately... On the night before the wedding, my grandfather passed away. This wasn't a shock, as shocking as it sounds; he's been in a steady decline for a little bit now and, without getting to specific or anything, we were all aware that the end was near. Still though, it sucks. Both for the loss of a great man and for the timing of said loss. This has been one of the most chaotic, frantic, emotional weeks of my life and I barely had to do anything. For my family, it has only been more so. I could get much more in-depth on the subject... relate to you all the many ways in which this trip home has devolved into sorrow, rebounded back into the light, and then sunk back in again... but I don't really feel like it. Just know that these last few days have been a bugfuck carnival of emotions and that these hazy-crazy times... well, they ain't over just yet. Which leads me to...

-An addendum to the previously mentioned Thursday-to-Monday blogging sparsity. Because of the aforementioned death, I'll be staying on in Texas for a couple of more days. Obviously. So things will remain a little quiet around ZFS!, though I'll probably throw up a few things here and there to take my mind off of all the real-life stuff that's currently frog-marching my kin down a long, lonely road.

-Call your family, if you've got the time. Unless they're jerks or think you're a jerk. Then don't worry about it.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention, and you probably figured it out anyway, but in case you didn't, there will not be an ICFC this week. Arlington, Texas doesn't have a Chinatown. We have a Panda Express, and I think Jack In The Box still sells egg rolls, but neither of those things really count.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Clint... my condolences on your Granpa.

That being said, you could always do an "It came from the wierd Vietnamese shopping centers in East Arlington" post... Not quite Chinatown but definitely full of Asian gangs!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Liöüx said...

We hear you, Clinton!

Sorry about your Grandpa.

My family is a bunch of jerks, but we're the very close jerks that kinda stick together.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

David... Thanks, dude.

Scott... Ha! I know exactly where you're talking about, too. Didn't realize that had become a hotbed of Asian gang activity. Are they fun gangs, like the kind Jackie Chan always fights? Or are they the scary kind of Asian gangs that'll mail a different part of your body to each member of your family?

Lioux... Safety in jerky numbers is always a good idea.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I think the food they serve at Panda Express does count. Have you seen it? Scary stuff man.

Sorry about your grandfather.

11:22 AM  
Blogger DrunkBrunch said...

My condolences.

Call your family, if you've got the time.

Even if you don't have the time, call your family. I just learned that a family member is sick, and my mom is too distraught to tell everyone, so I've been charged with calling them.

Sad as it's been, I've enjoyed catching up with everyone via phone.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Sorry for your loss.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you bounce back into awesome-land soon.

3:43 PM  
Blogger TFKoP said...

Hey ZFS.....sorry to hear about your gramps' passing.

Keeping a good thought for you.

For what it's worth, Maine doesn't have a Chinatown either, but I'll stop by the Oriental Jade tomorrow in your memory.

TFKoP

6:52 PM  
Blogger TFKoP said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your grandpa.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Thanks, everybody, for realsies. You guys make other blog's commenters look like stinky bags of hair.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugfuck? Frog-marching? Now I'm convinced you're just making things up. Funny things, but still...

Sorry about your grandfather.

11:35 AM  
Blogger i like cheese said...

How awful! My thoughts are with you! :(

11:51 AM  
Blogger Alienwhere said...

Hey, C-Dog. Sorry about the G-pa. I'll have an extra shot of Wild Turkey tonight for 'im.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, if the Vietnamese thing didn't work out, you could have done "It came from Little Mexico". Throw a stray dog in any direction and you'll hit a half dozen places that sell some nasty stuff.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home