Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Enjoy MIKA

I don't what's with me and the gay-icon musicians lately, but whatever... here's MIKA:



This song is drama, uncut and strong like if the Colombians started producing theater troupes and a indie film festivals instead of cocaine. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for group-sung choruses, or maybe it's because I'm always game for songs that couch a gloomy sentiment in a bold, brassy melody, but whatever the case may be... "Happy Ending" is right in my wheelhouse, musically speaking.

Can't you just hear this playing at the end of a movie where the main character is wandering down a street after having just been rejected by the love of his life? Tears mixing with the pouring rain as he takes liberal slugs from a bottle of rotgut booze. Bright neon lights from the surrounding bars and the city looming like a smirking demon on the horizon. And then, on the last repetition of the chorus where it gets all quiet, he throws himself in front of a bus.

Shit, I wish I was still making movies! I could crank this out all crazy awesome and everyone would watch and go, "Hrlmph" because it's hard to talk when you're so dumbstruck by sadness that your throat quits it's job and your eyeballs fall out.

Anyway, the song's amazing but the video's just okay. Kinda all over the place with the hand-faces and talking artsy-fartsy craft puppets. But who am I to judge? I'd end every song like this with a guy getting run over by public transportation, so clearly I've got my own problems that need to be worked out with some aggressive therapy. Which I choose to believe makes me a rich, interesting person and not just a psycho who'll eventually end up living in the park wearing newspapers for clothes and yelling at pigeons to pass the time.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you dare yell at pigeons, Clinton!!!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Wasn’t digging that song and the videos only redeeming factor for me was the apperance of the helping hands from Labyrinth.
How about that Jennifer Connelly ? Maybe if she were in the video and the hand puppet things strangled the singer to death leaving only her and then a totally different song started playing…yeah, that would fix that up nicely.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Bert... Fair enough. I'll just do the Pigeon Dance instead. It's equally as crazy.

Digital... You're just lashing out due to ABBA-shame. Also, I'm like the only guy in the history of guys who's not all that into Jennifer Connelly. Even Amerigo Vespucci digs her and he's been dead for a billion years (or whatever). I just think she's kinda okay; seems like the kind of chick that would have been really into Art History in college. Good actress, though.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sink vee need to make un appointment about your aggresshun isshues, Clinton.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

No, I've come to grips with my appreciation of ABBA...it’s like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I have you to thank for that. I think she's got that girl next door simple/classic beauty going on since 1454.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Sigmund... Eh, go smoke a cigar!

Digital... I'm good at lifting the psychic weight caused by Swedish 70's pop groups. It's like my hidden talent or something. Also, in that picture, J-Con has the eyes of a madman.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Oh man.

BBC Radio 1 killed this song for me by playing it too much.

5:44 PM  
Blogger LSL said...

Dude. I've been singing the Mika-praise for months! Yahooie!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home