Thursday, January 17, 2008

My First Dentist Appointment In Five Years Was Cancelled

UPDATE: So I take off early from work, hump back to my neighborhood, walk a few blocks in the rain, and as soon as I get in the door at the dentists office, I get this: "Oh, are you Clinton? Sorry, we're not going to be able to get to you today. We're soooooo behind." And they were; the waiting room was jammed with like a million people, mostly kids, all of whom were whining about having to sit in a waiting room filled with millions of people. Not that I blame them. Anyway, we're going to try this whole shit show again next week. Until then, I remain un-mouth probed.

(that's what she said)

---------------------------------------------------------------------


There's just no way that this is going to go well. My teeth suck. I mean, first glance, they look okay but... you know... when you really get in there and have a good look around, it's like a big, sweaty, rave party for cavities and all their gross, tooth-decaying friends. I have that all-too-familiar feeling that I'm going to be seeing a significant amount of mouth-pain and a harrowing amount of money lost before this is all over and done with.
Ah well... here's hoping I can score some Vicodin!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scene always kinda weirded me out - the inside-mouth POV is pretty gross. But I love that movie. :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Hex said...

I played the Dentist in a local production of Little Shop. It's a fun part.

The only problem was the dad of the young girl playing Audrey giving me crap one day because he thought I actually slapped her in the scene where my character calls hers a scatterbrain.

Theater is pain, dad.

Good luck getting drilled.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Giggleloop... I saw this movie in the theater when I was just a kid and the inside-the-mouth shot scared me more than the plant. No lie.

Hex... That's cool! I've always wanted to be in a production of Little Shop of Horrors. But I want to play Seymour, if for no other reason than I want to be just like Rick Moranis.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

dentists suck...

'little shop of horrors' does not.


good luck with that!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

One last payment on my teeth and I am done!

Whoo-hoo!

Good luck C-Dog.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

I need a review on this dentist after you actually go. I'm quite the sissy when it comes to dentists.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ross said...

Isn't this your second cancellation? They might not be very reliable at this point. Of course, maybe you WANT them to cancel, so this is the perfect dentist for you.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dentists hates it when she has to do work on me so she gives me happy pills otherwise I am gagging the whole time and messing everything up. Ask for them, although like me you might end up dancing to James Brown’s “I feel Good” on the way back to the chair which is now talked about every time I go back for my checkups.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home