Friday, November 09, 2007

I've Been Tagged

It seems that Kitty, who head-chefs over at the best blog ever dedicated to trying to get a spouse to eat vegetables, has tagged me to do... uh... this thing. Here, I'll let her explain:

The rules are simple. Link back to the person who tagged you, list 7 random and possibly fascinating facts about yourself, and tag 7 more blog friends, by linking to them and leaving comments on their blogs.

Yeah, what she said. I'm going to do that. Right now, in fact:

Seven Real Things About C-dog, or, "Extreme Facts, Madcore!!!"

NOTE: Keep in mind that, because I tend to be fairly open and honest on ZFS! about my life and it's general goings on, coming up with seven things that I haven't already mentioned in one of my 776 previous posts is a lot harder than it looks. Also, let me stress again that everything on this list is true, and I only mention it again because of the enormous amount of bullshit that I've spewed forth on this site in the past. For once, you're getting the straight dope from me, a straight dope.

1. I've been in jail. No, really... here in New York, even. We're talking handcuffs, mugshot, fingerprinting, a court date; in short, the works. Why? Well, let's just say that no one was hurt, nothing of value was damaged, and my record has since been expunged. One of these days, when I'm hard up for blog-worthy ideas, I'll tell the whole story. For now, though, I think I'll just sit here and smugly enjoy this tiny bit of mystery that I've just created for myself.

2. I worked, for about a year's worth of my time in Austin, as an intern/production assistant for big-shot Hollywood director Richard Linklater. This was just after the release of Waking Life, and I spent most of my days working in his casting office, helping to interview and audition actors for a sadly never-completed film about high school football (it would have been quite good, I can tell you that). Working there did absolutely nothing for my film career, though I did meet some very nice people, and I got to read the screenplay for School of Rock about a year and a half before anyone had even heard of it.

3. I once got to eat dinner at the famed, super-duper exclusive Soho House restaurant here in New York. It goes without saying that I did not pay. See, my uncle is a mover and a shaker in the advertising world and, on the occasions that he swings through my fair city, he's always happy to let his starving not-really-a-writer nephew mooch a free meal off his expense account. On this particular evening, he let me tag along to a business dinner with some clients and friends. Happy to say, I was at the top of my charming, witty game and I didn't embarrass myself or bring shame to my family's reputation in the least. It was also the first and only time that I've had Beef Tartare. It rocked.

4. I once waited tables at an Outback in LA for an entire dinner shift while gooned out of my mind on Jim Beam and cheap beer. I'd love to say that my tips were better than normal, and I'm sure all the teetotalers of the world would love it if my tips were significantly less than average, but the truth of the matter was that my tips were about on par with any other, non-gooned night. I'm just that middling of a waiter, I guess.

5. The last CD I bought: "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank" by Modest Mouse. The last DVD I bought: The Departed and The Descent (bought at the same time). The last book I bought: A banged up copy of Tom Wolfe's The Right Stuff from the Salvation Army store across the street from my apartment. The last song I heard before starting this post: "Fascination Street" by The Cure. The last movie I watched: The Panic In Needle Park, which was just awesome, providing you dig love stories about junkies, which I totally do. The last book I read: "Finders Keepers" by Mark Bowden.

6. Once, during a particularly dire financial period, I shoplifted allergy medicine from a Duane Reade. No, I'm not especially proud of that fact, but it happened all the same. I also think that, of all the things a person can shoplift in the city, allergy medicine is probably the dorkiest. Okay, maybe acne medication would be worse... but just barely. (This, by the way, didn't have anything to do with #1)

7. Something that makes me inexplicably happy: Seeing large groups of people, via YouTube or in person, doing their own well-choreographed interpretations of the zombie dance from the Thriller video. Like these people, and these people, and especially these people. I even like it when Filipino prisoners do it. Why does this bring me such joy? Can't say. But it sooooo does.

And here are the lovely, attractive people that I'm tagging in kind, as was stated in the rules: Ruth, Cornelius Redgrave, Big Daddy, Jamie, Gal Gotham, Moxie, and Stew. I'm sure one of these days I'll get around to actually notifying them that they've been tagged. But I'm certainly not going to do it tonight. Sleepy!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for linking those Thriller dances, that just made my morning. I think the wedding reception one was my favorite. The lady in the blue dress didn't seem very into it, but the groom (I'm assuming that's who the Michael was) was kicking ASS! So awesome. :)

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for tagging me. I am currently in a Filipino prison, and we have mandatory Thriller practice in the morning, so I'll have to wait a little to get to it.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

You don't have to let us know, that's what Technorati is for.

I didn't put this in my tag post, but once me and a friend did a bunch of 'shrooms, and about half an hour after taking them I got called in to work.

I was on call but wasn't expecting to be called in.

That sucked.

Anywho, here's my tag post.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

Clinton, I have to take you with me to a healthcare seminar one of these days. Free food is cool, but free expensive food is super cool!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Wow, I know someone who was on th inside!! Besides my entire extended family of course.

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home