Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Yikes!


Omigod, what do you have to do to get a monk that pissed off? He's a monk! Those guys are usually so chill. Like, you could kick a monk in the nuts and he'd be all, "That is the way of the leaf on the water." Or something. I don't really know a lot of monks, so I'm just guessing as to what he'd say, but I'd bet that's pretty close.
Anyway, this picture was taken at some sort of political protest somewhere in Asia. Dunno the details. I didn't actually read the article. Looks pretty serious, though. I'm totally on the monk's side, whatever it is.

Oh, and I love how that other monk on the right is totally like, "Dude, you might want to take it down a notch." You've got to have that guy in volatile situations like this. He's the monk equivalent of that one friend who you always have talk to the cops because you know he won't get all crazy and make things worse, no matter how much he's had to drink. He keeps everyone out of jail or, in this case, away from the government-sponsored firing squads.

NOTE: I've decided, based on this post, that I should be a reporter for CNN. Anyone have the hook-up thereabouts? I've got good-ass references.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonder if there'll be any self-immolation involved in this round of buddhist monk protests?

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhm, and on a sidenote? when i come back in the next life as like a cockroach or something for making the above statement? can you just _not_ stomp on me? that would be grrreat.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Benticore said...

I've got good-ass references.

That probably doesn't mean what I think/hope it means...

This is the reason why many intelligent, small circles of non-white friends make it priority #1 to have a white friend as the go-to for all police interactions. It just makes everything much much easier.

Benticore
Out

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard they were protesting the drop in the cost of iPhone's after paying full price.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home