Thursday, August 02, 2007

And Away We Go...

Heading for the airport in a bit; just wanted to poke my head into the blogosphere and say howdy, as well as to mention that some of you... and I'm not saying who... might want to take a shower sooner rather than later. We all have to blog here, ya know, and it's only polite to make an effort towards not smelling like the inside of a high school kid's gym locker.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I'm going back to Texas. It's my birthday on Monday and, in a surprise move, my father bought Girlfriend and I tickets to come down and party with the family, which was just unbelievably swell of him. I haven't been home for my birthday in something like eight or nine years, so it's going to be a real treat. Or, if nothing else, it'll be a break from the usual August 6th routine of me getting plastered in a bar, and then spending the next day in a sullen, hungover funk that involves lots and lots of bitching to whomever is in earshot about how I'm getting older, am one year closer to death, and these damn kids today, with their Ugg Boots and their iDoodads and their Limp Bizkits.

Oh, and for the record, I'm going to be 27. Yes, I know that, grand scheme, it's not that old, but I'd much prefer to be negative about it, thanks. Not helping matters: Girlfriend, who's three years younger than I. Let's just say she likes to bust my balls on the subject, as she's sassy like that.

Okay, time to split. I'll be in and out around here for the next few days, but I will be posting some stuff, so feel free to check in from time to time.

Be good, kids. And remember: The shower is your friend.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday, C-dog. Hope it's a good one. :)

Also, you're younger than me, therefore I must hate you a wee bit. Don't take it personal. :)

Have fun!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my granddad wants to know if you're going to make the parcheesi game on thursday. if you don't show up, the teams will be uneve, and you don't want a riot at the senior center on your head.

9:35 AM  
Blogger stew said...

have a fun and safe trip! eat tons of yummy Texas food! drink tons of yummy Texas beer! and have a HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Thanks for all the funny you give us. you rock.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Have a great trip, and happy birthday!!!!! I promise to shower by the time you get back.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Irish and Jew said...

We'll miss you!!

Happy birthday :)

-Jew

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gonna be around Arlington? If you are, let me know. We can watch some baseball and I'll by you a birthday beer somewhere.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better I am expecting my first kid this December. Oh look I forgot to put Grand in front of that, must be losing my memory.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Tracy Kaufman said...

Your birthday is August 6th? My dad's birthday is August 6th! It's a birthday miracle!

12:13 PM  
Blogger quin browne said...

happy birthday

my birthday was monday?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shain said...

ahh, i'm gonna get you and blythe matching canes with your blog URL engraved on them. no i'm not.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

Happy birthday!

You couldn't pay me to go to Texas in the summer.

Blegh.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jonathan T said...

You're going to Texas in August?!? You're braver/crazier than I thought.
Have some excellent Pappasitos (the Del Mar is to kill for) and blow out a birthday candle on a sopapilla.
You're going to be 27? My god, that's almost 30! One foot in the grave!

4:33 PM  
Blogger blythe said...

for real. this is getting weird. you are in texas and your b-day is august 6th. i am in oklahoma and my b-day is august 5th. my middle name is dog. c-dog, b-dog? OMG! totes separated at birth.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Giggleloop... No worries; I feel the exact same way about anyone who's 26 or younger.

Moxie... You tell your gramps that I'll come back to the Parchesie game as soon as he admits that he's the one who STOLE MY TEETH!!!

Stewpid... Oh yeah, it's going to be all Shiner Bock, BBQ, enchiladas for the next four days.

Brooklyn... See that you do. And thanks!!!

Jew... Not as much as I'll miss you. Great, now I'm crying.

Scott... Totally; I'm in Arlington as I write this, so yeah, I'm definitely around. I'll shoot ya an email when I better know what the plan is around here.

David... Things that signify other peoples age, especially when it's and age greater than mine, DO make me feel better!

Sloth... Tell your dad to say Hey to me during the next Knights Of The 6th meeting (it's a real thing; prove it's not!!!).

Quin... Are you asking me?

Mr. Shain... But...but... it would go so well with our capes!!!

Big Daddy... Eh, ya get used to it. Girlfriend, who's a Northerner and thus not familiar with the Texas summer concept, is going to be miserable. Everyone feel for her.

Johnathan... Dude, I haven't been to Pappasitos in forever. Good call!!!

Blythe... We should for sure have a family reunion. A drunken, drunken family reunion.

10:52 AM  
Blogger stew said...

Stew loves her some Shiner.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home