Friday, July 06, 2007

A Few Words About Die Hard 4

As part of my "I don't have to work today, ha ha" celebration, I decided that it was in my best interest, as well as the best interest of the nation (because what I do matters) for me to walk my happy butt down to the Alpine Cinema and take in an afternoon showing of Die Hard 4.

Despite the fact that, yes, it's a sequel of a sequel of sequel and, no, it doesn't exactly shoot for the highest common denominator, I can honestly say, with love in my heart and a mind clear of worry or fret, that it was retardedly awesome.

Maybe it's because I have a soft spot for the Die Hard series... maybe it's just because I'm a big dumb guy who likes to watch things go boom, especially if after the things go boom, there's a smart-aleky Bruce Willis to make a wry quip... but whatever the reason, indeed, Die Hard 4 pleased me in a way that many of my past relationships with friends, girlfriends and family members haven't.

The man does battle with a fighter jet, people! Watching that is like injecting Red Bull directly into the pleasure center of your brain!!!

Anyway, just wanted to share. Girlfriend, who's off for the summer, has just challenged me to a one-on-one Halo rematch (she's already beaten me twice today because she's damn handy with a sniper rifle) and I must go attempt to regain a least a few shreds of my manhood.

Be back later, m'sure!

4 Comments:

Blogger Benticore said...

Halo Match? Is this classic Halo 1, or retarded monkey Halo 2? If it is Halo 2, you could arrange some ZFS halo matches and I would attend with a vengeance. I swore off the game, having been called nearly every single racial epitaph and sexual insult I've ever heard (and a few I haven't), but the chance to test my (decidedly unskilled) mettle against you and yourns would definitely get me to dust of the 'sticks one mo gin.

Benticore
Out

3:44 PM  
Blogger quin browne said...

i understand he doesn't say 'yippee ki yo, muthafucka'

he doesn't even say the 'yippee, etc'
part.

i mean, what does he say instead? 'whoa nellie?'

4:25 PM  
Blogger blythe said...

i too thought it was retardedly awesome. i refrain from mentioning it because i'm afraid someone will just think i'm retarded. which they might anyway. no one will be as wonderfully evil as hans gruber, but it was still a good ride. although, it would have been better if it had been free.

oh, and quin, he says yippee kiysomethingexplodesandmakesalotofnoisei think.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Benticore... It's Halo 2, but we also have Halo 1. Sadly, we have NOT the internet capablities, or we'd totally invite you in. Also, we've been playing a lot of Halo 2 the past few days and she has absolutely destroyed me. She's like a trained video-game killer.

Quin... Blythe's description is sort of right, but it's "Yippie-kai-yay, mother(GUNSHOT!). It worked, actually. I thought, anyway.

Blythe... Yeah, Hans Grueber is the tops, but it was still good. I liked the part with the SUV in the elevator shaft, personally.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home