Wednesday, May 09, 2007

"Teenage FBI" by Guided By Voices

While I'm away, puttering around my apartment and trying to figure out just what exactly that weird smell is that's coming from my office (it's either really dirty laundry or a dead mouse; can't tell which), here's some talented men to sing a song just for you:

Parenthetically, doesn't the whole concept of a "teenage FBI" sound like the best teen drama that's never been produced? Like, a Mod Squad for the Myspace and text-messaging crowd. Someone should get on that, because it's pretty much a large bag of money sitting in the middle of the street, waiting for someone to snatch it up.

Oh, and if you make your millions off that idea, don't forget about C-dog. He's always been here for you. And he needs money for liquor.

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

C-dog, I love me some GBV-dogs. I very much regret only getting to see them live once.

Once.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, that song's on the Buffy soundtrack! :D (the first one, not the one from seasons 6-7, and yes I'm the hugest dork ever)

that's gonna be in my head til I can get home and listen to it now. "someone tell me why, i do the things, that i don't wanna do. when you're around me, i'm somebody else." *dances*

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they kind of did a show like that, C. 21 Jump Street. It wasn't a good show, but it was a show. ANd it gave us Johnny Depp. And Richard Greeko.

As for GBV, I only caught the live once as well. It was when Cobra Verde was Bob's back up band. The drummer stopped the show to tell me my Big Star shirt was awesome. My brush with fame!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Glad everyone likes... I actually am not a huge fan of GBV or anything, but that song just popped into my head the other day and has been rattling around ever since. Thought I'd share.

(That, by the way, is not saying that I dislike GBV; not at all. I just never got into them)

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home