Wednesday, March 28, 2007

UPDATE: Saving The Day

UPDATE: I don't like working. It is lame.

Walked into a swirling maelstrom of busywork here at the office this morning. Apparently, there's a deadline for a client that hasn't been met and, if we don't correct that as soon as possible, then the entire Eastern Seaboard will break off and sink into the ocean. So, once again, it's up to me to save the day with my crazy invoice-inputting skills.

It's a burden, but it's one I must shoulder. I'm so much like Superman, I'm practically wearing tights right now.

Anyway, I'll have more up later on today (provided we're not all under water) but for now, I leave you with this question:

How is it possible to ride a bike in Midtown Manhattan during rush hour and not end up a greasy, red smear along 5th avenue? Because I honestly don't understand how these lunatics (and there's no other word for them) do it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Beehive Hairdresser said...

How is it possible to ride a bike in Midtown Manhattan during rush hour and not end up a greasy, red smear along 5th avenue? Because I honestly don't understand how these lunatics (and there's no other word for them) do it.

Highly cunsumed amounts of cocaine the night before usually does the trick - I think.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Ah, well there you go. Coke is it!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I hate it when work gets in the way of living.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

if we don't correct that as soon as possible, then the entire Eastern Seaboard will break off and sink into the ocean.

You know what I always say in these situations: When the sun eventually expands and engulfs the Earth in flames will any of this seem important then.....

12:17 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Those bike messengers are a special death-defying (crazy) unafraid breed. Having mastered NYC driving, and ridden a bike in Manhattan myself just a few tentative times has given me the heady impression I can do almost anything. I don't plan to bike ride in Manhattan any more, though. No need to tempt fate.

12:37 PM  
Blogger lioux said...

It's never easy saving the entire Eastern Seaboard, is it?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Jeff... Word, particularly when you could care less about your job, as is my case.

Midwesterner... That's certainly the way I feel. But I work with a lot of guys who are very chuffed with themselves for being big, important businessmen and they take the shit we do here about as seriously as a dude defusing a bomb.

Colleen... You're a braver soul than I, that's for damn sure. I have enough trouble walking in this city without getting squished by a cab. I don't need to add increased speed to the mix.

Lioux... It's very tiring, yes.

12:54 PM  
Blogger i like cheese said...

I like the word maelstrom. It's very high-brow.

Oh yea. And work sucks.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Yeah, I'm totally high-brow. Also, my ass itches.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home