Friday, December 15, 2006

On Shopping...

I know this is a total "guy" thing to say and, ugh, I hate realizing that I'm a stereotype, but goddammit... I hate shopping. It's such a drag, especially in New York, where you're not even afforded the luxury of putting all the crap you've bought in the trunk of your Honda and driving off with the stereo blasting and an icy-cold mochachino in the cup-holder. No, you've got to double (if not triple) bag everything and lug it through the throngs of tourists who stop every twenty feet to gawk up at all the lit-up buildings and go "Gawl-lee!!!!!" I'm not saying I'd ever knowingly push someone in front of a speeding taxi, but if I did, they'd probably be wearing a fanny pack and have just come out of Planet Hollywood.

As you may have guessed, I went shopping today. Took the day off to do it, actually, because I refuse, refuse, refuse to go shopping on the weekend. It's crowded enough during the week day and, as irritable as I am, were I subjected to the kind of mass hysteria that happens on Saturdays and Sundays... well... any scenario you could conceive of would end with me in jail. No question.

So... yes... where was I going with this? Oh right, shopping sucks. Big time.

Anyway, that's my bit o' rantin' for the day. I'll have some stuff up here this weekend (going to a party tonight at a gay bar; always post-worthy) and then, on Monday, I'll find out what's what with the whole "Me Vs. Work's Firewall" situation.

More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home