Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"Out of Control" by Oingo Boingo

I was going to write a post about the office holiday party but, after three failed starts, I realized that it was just too deathly dull to warrent more than a passing mention. I mean, yes there was free booze and, yes, I drank my fair share of it but... well, that's just not that interesting, is it. There were absolutely zero shennanigens to report and this morning I didn't even have a hangover, save for a mild headache. Very disappointing. The only thing of note was that, since it was held in an event hall as opposed to a bar or club, they were offering only one brand of each type of liquor. Bombay gin, Ketel-1 vodka, Dewer's scotch, etc. I, being me, stuck to the Knob Creek bourbon, which, if you've got the money for it, is pretty great. A little thicker and sweeter than your standard Jack; it was like taking my liver on a pleasant vacation to the beach.

Anyhoo, on to other things. Here's the video for my current favorite song, "Out of Control," by Oingo Boingo. The song's top shelf, as it were, but the video is very early-90's. It looks like an SNL parody of a Soul Asylum video:



So feel free to just listen to the music. Possibly more later, should I feel the need to express myself in a verbal medium.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know.. I can't honestly recall having seen any Oingo Boingo music videos before. That was kinda cheesy, and I find it distracting watching Danny Elfman sing - even when he's singing a mellow song, he pretty much always looks kind of manic. :)
Sadly, I never got to see Boingo live - I got into them right about the time they were doing their farewell Halloween show, of course.
Now I'm going to have to go home and dig out my The Forbidden Zone soundtrack. It's a nice day for Boingo.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Totally. Be sure to check out their out-of-nowhere cameo performance in the underrated Rodney Dangerfield movie "Back to School."

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I've seen that, I'd completely forgotten about it. Good times.

Elfman's never won an Oscar for best film score, has he? That's a crime right there....

2:48 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

No he hasn't, which is bullshit. Even more bullshit, though, is that he didn't win the Emmy for his Simpson's theme.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed. He doesn't even get nominated very often, which is just crazy. I mean, how many more Oscars does John Williams need, really? Danny'll probably end up being one of those who either gets a Lifetime Acheivement award, or gets an Oscar 20 years from now as a sign by the Academy that 'hey, we know we screwed up not recognizing you sooner, here, have a statue.'. Feh.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home