Monday, December 11, 2006

Cusacks I'd Like To Be

-The young, aspiring kickboxer who's not opposed to hoisting a boombox high over his head in an attempt to woo the class valedictorian with Peter Gabriel tunes.

-The confused teen who left his girl waiting on prom night, only to come back ten years later to attend his high school reunion, now as a morally flexible assassin having a crisis of conscience.

-The mopey record store clerk who uses his broad knowledge of music arcania as an armor to protect himself from the twin pains of love and growing up.

-The file clerk who finds a portal into the brain of an actor and uses both (the portal and the actor's brain) for his own nefarious means.

-The severely depressed teen who attempts suicide in a number of comical ways, only to discover love in a foreign exchange student as he prepares for a downhill ski race.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better Off Dead is love.

What about One Crazy Summer Cusack...? No love for him?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

You know, I watched both One Crazy Summer and Better Off Dead recently and, to my surprise, only BOD really held up. It's not that I don't like OCS... I do... it just didn't do it for me like it used to.

Better Off Dead is truly the Cadillac of the "Savage" Steve Holland films.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were discussing "Savage" Steve Holland the other night and my friend said that Cusack refuses to talk about Better off dead because of some weird feeling that he got dooped or mislead. This saddens me. Almost as much as someone throwing away a perfectly good white boy.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

That's lame... to be fair, though, I've read a few interviews with Mr. Cusack and he always comes off as a bit of a weirdo; not at all the charming everyman he is in the movies. He's one of those celebrities that answers any question with quasi-philosophical musings on life and art.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I just have a soft spot for the Cute and Fluffy Bunnies. I'm pretty sure if I watched OCS again, it wouldn't hold up. Better to just remember it as being better than it probably is.

That Demi Moore sure was a looker, though, huh?

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home