Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Rare Record

Here now, a dispatch from the Ministry of Things That Will Make You Absolutely Sick.

Why does stuff like that never happen to me? I like to dig through boxes of records at stoop sales. I'll take the time, every now and again, to wade through the piles at the Salvation Army. And yet, all I ever find is 9,000 copies of Lawrence Welk's Greatest Hits and the occasional promo copy of Olivia Newton-John's "Physical." Not exactly the recorded music equivalent of a found box packed full with hundred dollar bills. Meh. Anyway, congratulations (I guess) to the seller and the buyer. I hope they live long happy lives with their money and their Velvet Underground rarity, though I do hope that both of them, at some point today, stub their respective toes really hard against a door. I think that'd make me feel much, much better about the whole situation.

And, speaking of the Velvet Underground, here's some old footage of them singing "Waiting For The Man:"



Sorry that the video and audio are a bit out of sync. Finding old footage of the Velvets is incredibly difficult, even on the master purveyor of all things musically obscure, YouTube. Of all the things I just looked through, this was the best. Sadly. Still, can't you just smell the stink of burned-out shooting galleries coming off of Lou Reed? That man was to heroin like a fat man is to a buffet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turns out that gigantic bid was a fake and so the guy is still trying to sell it.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

Interesting... man, I'd be shitting bricks if I were that dude.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home