Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Meatiest Poster Ever

Had to take a little break from the day's madness to comment on the newly released poster for Eli Roth's upcoming Hostel 2. It is, in a word, gross:


(click to enlarge and throw up)
What we're looking at here is movie poster that's visual design consists entirely of mutilated flesh and organ meat. Gotta say, it's a pretty ballsy, crazy move to expect theaters to hang up something as audaciously gory as this. The fact that it was approved by the MPAA is even more nuts; goes to show you how high the nation's tolerance for violence has climbed. Anyway, I say good show the the Hostel 2's creative team; it takes a lot, these days, to shock this cranky bastard and they certainly have with this.
A resounding "Eww" for their efforts.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked to think that I'd become pretty desensitized to horror movies by now - having a husband who loves horror movies will do that for you. But seriously, Hostel screwed me up. I was, for some reason, furious afterwards that I'd been forced to go see it, and so disgusted by it that I nearly got up and left the theater (which I never do). Since then, I just can't watch movies like that. *shudder*

8:14 AM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I liked Hostel, actually. It was something that, at least on American soil, hadn't really been seen before and, underneath it's thick veneer of sadism, it had some pretty trenchent social commentary. Also, lots of boobs.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't like that there was no one who I wanted to root for, but it was like no movie I'd ever seen before. I'll give it that. Man was it gory.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the concept of it, I just thought the actual movie could have turned out so much better. I went into it completely blind, I knew nothing about it other than the name of the movie. And I think the idea of it could have made a much better movie - with more plot and less completely-and-utterly-gratutious violence. *shrug* But that's just me. :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I guess, after a misspent lifetime of watching horror movies, the gratutious violence just doesn't bother met that much anymore. Which is sad, I'll admit, though true enough. I will say that the "eyeball snipping" scene made me a bit queasy, but that's mainly because I have SERIOUS eye-trauma issues. I'm sure I'll about them here someday when I'm tapped for content.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home