Saturday, September 16, 2006

Manwitch


Em and I went to see The Covenant this afternoon because there aren't, sadly, enough male witches in our daily lives. It was fairly blah; it looked pretty enough, but there wasn't enough special effecty excitement and there certaintly wasn't enough sexy stuff to hold my attention. Very PG-13, though there is a locker room scene that has more man-ass and homoerotic content than 2-for-1 drink night at Stonewall*. Overall, it was one of those movies that really serves no purpose for being. It holds your interest, I guess, and it isn't blatently awful. It just kind of... is. Unless, of course you're into seeing overly-sweaty, pretty men who can't act toss each other around using magic. Then by all means, have at it.

As for me... Eh... the highlight was when, about twenty minutes into the show, a group of teenagers barged in all loud and rowdy. I turned around and told them to "Shut the hell up!" and they actually did!!! For some reason this really pleased me.

Anyway, The Covenant... not impressed. I think it can be best summed up with this line of dialouge, said by the bad guy to the good guy: "I'm going to make you my wee-yotch."

Tells you all you need to know, doesn't it?


*For more on the homo-ness of The Covenant, check out my boy Buzz's review on his site, Camp Blood:

http://www.campblood.org/Reviews/Review%20-%20The%20Covenant.htm

1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

I agree about not enough man withes around these days. Whatever happened to...uh...well I can't really think of any but I sure could go for some right now. Not!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home