Friday, September 08, 2006

Mouse Attack!!!

I had kind of hoped that my girlfriend and I's troubles with the skankier members of the animal kingdom were over but, sadly, it seems that's not the case. Last night, after a pleasent evening of Hot Tuna Noodle Dish and some Shock Treatment (a winning combo if ever there was one), we had another close encounter with nature. The sanctity of our kitchen, a happy place where we prepare our meals, was violated by a tiny, angry, steely-eyed monster who had nothing but evil in his heart and murder on his mind.

I'm talking of course about a mouse.

Our cat, a noted, venerable mouse-killer, had him cornered under the dish drainer on our counter, but don't think the little bastard was hiding. Oh no. He was reloading. Or sharpening his switchblade. Possibly putting more fuel in his chainsaw. Anyway, since he was, for the moment, not running about attempting to claw our achilles tendons, I was able to use a wad of paper towels and every ounce of my intestinal fortitude to pluck him out of his hidey-hole by the tail. Now, as I remember it, he looked exactly like this:



My girlfriend assures me that that's not the case, though when I close my eyes all I can see is the teeth and the hate. But, because I was admittedly too busy hyperventilating to get a really close look, I'm going to grudgingly assume that she's correct in saying the mouse look more like this:



Whatever. Still looks psycho to me. At any rate, we were able to humanly dispose of him by dropping him from the window down to the overgrowth of weeds and bushes below where he, no doubt, immediately went about plotting his revenge. After it was all over and I'd finished weeping softly, we were able to get on with our lives as best we could. Still, I know he's still out there. Waiting. Watching. Possibly purchacing large firearms over the internet.

I know that we will meet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home