Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Worth Your Valuable Time

I love Vampire Weekend, I do, but I kind of also want to hit them with a rolled-up magazine, or maybe one of my flip-flops. Don't get me wrong, they're talented musicians; one's that are making music that doesn't sound like anything anyone else is doing right now. However, there's a smugness in their songs; a preppy pretension that's sort of like a college sophomore telling you about the plight in Darfur while eating a cranberry scone at the student union.

Keep in mind, I listen to their self-titled debut album at least once every couple of weeks. Still, though, it wouldn't be out of line to say that the band is in need of a moderate ass-kicking.

Anyway, they've got a new album out. Sounds good so far, even if it does represent a further climb up into Graceland-era Paul Simon's butt. At this rate, their next album is going to feature Ladysmith Black Mambazo, a real indigenous tribesman from the Congo wailing on a homemade drum, and a vocal solo by a lion.

Here's the first single off their new album, "Contra." It's called "Horchata" and is about, in my estimation, drinking Horchata in a balaclava. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Quinones said...

fuck this band. just listen to the police.

i so wanna beat this stupid band to death with a giant didgeridoo.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home