Saturday, January 09, 2010

ZFS! Poll: Frozen Drinks for Guys

Last night, I had a table of frat-ish guys in their early-to-mid 20's drinking round after round of the fruitiest frozen drinks our humble sports bar has to offer. We're talking strawberry margaritas, this blue thing we've got that looks like if a neon sign took a dump, and one dude even had a pina colada (in the middle of January during a cold snap, no less).

My question to you, my gentle, well-endowed readers, is this:

Guy's drinking frozen drinks in a sports bar:

A) Unacceptable. Drink a damn beer and shot, or your basic booze of choice + one mixer (i.e. Jack & Coke). Those are the only true options for a guy not currently wearing a dress.

B) Who cares? As long as they're getting plowed, what's the difference. To each their own.

C) Alcohol is for sinners!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger ML said...

I'll go with B. While I'm definitely an advocate for "drink a damn beer" - to each his own. :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

See, my initial recation is A. I'm all about live and let live in most aspects of my life, but for some reason I get all weird and judgemental about what people drink. Then again, if I think about it too long, I realize I really don't care because... end of the day... drinking is drinking.

Ah, life's mysteries.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Ela said...

I gotta go with B. Just get drunk on whatever you want.
I'm sure they had a discussion at the Alpha male’s house about how crummy it is that they can't have the girlie drinks, and one guy stood up and said 'tonight, we are getting wasted only with drinks that contain little umbrellas' Then there was probably a high five or one of those chest bump things that some guys do.
The only real concern is if one of those fellows complained about calories... then, you have the right to hit him upside the head with a bottle of JD (an empty one of course... don't be wasting a drop of booze if you can).

2:19 PM  
Blogger Meat Sweats said...

I am with you in that my initial reaction is A. I mean I am a fairly girlie girl, but even i don't drink anything fruity like that. Of course, I also can't afford any of those drinks either so what do I know.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Clinton said...

I like the fact that you're a girl and your handle is "Meat Sweats." Do you want to get married? We can have the wedding at a BBQ place.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Meat Sweats said...

That would be cool. I bet we could find someone that could make flowers out of bacon for the center pieces, and instead of cutting a cake we could carve a side of beef.

9:34 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

Depends. Did their consumption lead to a larger than expected tip? I say let economics be your guide.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home