Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Going Forward

New semester starts today, so I should probably break down for you how the next few months are going to go. I'm nice like that; don't like to leave people all "Wherefore art thou, C-dog?" This, as best as I can see it, is the situation:

-First things first, I am not quitting the blog. Ever again, or at least not for a good, long while. I tried that for a few months and it was kind of miserable. Which is a little bit sad when viewed in a certain light, but I choose to think of it as an artist (ha!) who missed his craft (fart jokes).

-The harsh reality, however, is that I am about to get REALLY busy. I'm taking twelve hours this year... four classes, in other words... and even though they're community college classes, and they're being taught on a campus that's literally highway-adjacent, I'm really not all that smart. Actually, that's not the case; I'm smart enough, I just have issues with motivation and laziness. What I'm trying to say is that the posting, while still regular, is going to be erratically timed and in direct defiance of any sort of pin-downable schedule. For the first few weeks, at least, I'll be flying blind.

-All I ask of you guys is that you don't give up on me. My readership isn't what it once was, back in the good ol' days of NYC and office jobs, but I do want you to know that I value those of you that have stuck around. It's fun to write for you guys. I'm not breaking new ground here or causing publishing giants to wrestle on the floor for a shot at my wares but... well, we have our own fun, I like to think. So just be patient while I try to figure out my crazy-ass schedule. Posting won't stop, but it might get a little wonky.

-Lastly, would you like to hear my current favorite song? I offer it unto you in the name of sharing, caring, and motherfucking swearing. Here now, The Avett Brothers with "I and Love and You."

9 Comments:

Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

I will stick around as long as you continue to send me the $10/month.

You do pay your other readers, don't you? Oh. Sorry.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Ross said...

I'd wrestle on the ground for your wares...and my wares, you mean???

I used to work at a college with students and motivation issues and the like. It's hard, but it's good you're doing it.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Meat Sweats said...

I have issues with motivation and laziness too. That's why I am reading your blog instead of doing anything that could even remotely be considered work right now. Good thing my office doesn't have someone monitoring the internet usage.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Lady Snark said...

I love your blog, C-dog! Always have, and I was delighted when I checked it a few days ago to find that you were still alive and posting regularly again. I'll definitely be around :-)

-Lady Snark (Phoenix)

12:33 PM  
Blogger LSL said...

We won't give up on you! We haven't yet :)

Good luck with school. You seem to be hanging there.

And I and love and that song.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

C-dog -- just think of me as a dog. Your Dog. when you come home I am there wagging my tail and hoping you will take me out so I can poop. -d Signed, A loyal pooping fan. (and Zombie Fights Shark) afficiando

10:21 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

"community college classes, and they're being taught on a campus that's literally highway-adjacent"

Been (still) there, brother. Keep the faith.

don't give up on me

I could never quit you.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Yeah, Its me said...

That song is the shiznit. They play in Asheville every year, and they sell out almost instantly. :( Good luck in school Mister Schmartypants

5:52 PM  
Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

Dude,.... you had me at hello...

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home