Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The End (For Now)

I'm sure you handsome, well-shod readers have probably noticed a distinct lack of posts around these here parts as of late. I'm sure, as well, that you all have probably been weeping long into the night, hitting the Refresh button at the ZFS! homepage, desperately praying for new content to magically appear and end your self-soiling misery. Sorry about that. Also, take a shower... you smell like you died taking a dump.

But anyway, blogging has been kinda sorta non-existent these last couple of weeks and... well... kiddos, I have some bad news... brace yourselves... maybe put a tarp down or grab a well-crafted bucket to sorrow-puke into...

Kids, the non-existent blogging is here to stay. For a while, anyway.

As some of you may know, I started school last month. I'm only taking one class, but it's an accelerated English Comp course (something I need to graduate) and it is, quite frankly, kicking my ass. In a good way, of course. By that I mean, I'm really fucking busy, fucking always. So many assignments, so many quizzes to study for, so many apples to polish, etc.

It's crazy days over here. So, while I'm NOT announcing the end of ZFS!, I am letting y'all know that there's going to be very little happening here for the foreseeable future. Just the way it goes, I'm afraid. Believe me, I miss writing junk for you kids, but I have to stay focused if I want to get my degree while Obama is still in office (as is my understanding, in doing so I will receive a package of free-range, uncut hope). So take a long, refreshing drink from the discount bottle of your choice and know that I'm thinking of you as I tippity-type away on my 1,000th paper. Ah, the glamorous academic lifestyle...

So, until we meet again, my loves, know that this... this thing we've had here together... it has meant the world to me. I say that without an ounce of irony in my heart. Take care, and I will be back amongst the blogging community before you know it.

-C

SUGGESTED ENTERTAINMENTS IN C-DOG'S ABSENCE

-Any CD by a band called Okkervil River. I used to work (albeit briefly) with the front man! They are killer late night drunken sorrow music.

-The first season of Heroes. It kicks ass! Don't watch anything after that, though. Pretend it got cancelled.

-Read the novel "Off Season" by Jack Ketchum. It will fuck you up in deep, profound ways for WEEKS.

-Visit the post office and learn how mail is sorted! Steal some mail.

-Go see Drag Me To Hell if you haven't already. Fuck, see it twice. Support Quality Horror!!!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the dislike button?

5:05 AM  
Blogger MissNj said...

I've just found you(r blog) and already you're giving me the 'we need to take a break' speech?!?! Damn, that's brutal.

Anyway, good luck with those studies! :)

7:33 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

Listen, fucker, you can't just dump me like this. I won't be ignored!

Ha. Kidding. I'll keep you in my Google Reader.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

I'll miss your posts, but writing them should be fun, not stressful or obligatory. Good luck with your classes, and I'll watch my RSS feeds for any future updates.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Don't blame you, I've been in kind of the same boat lately, posting less often. Just too much to do. Plus now we can just tweet things...oh look! Something shiny!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Liöüx said...

When did we all go out and get lives that make us so busy now-a-days?!?!!!

I miss blogging. : (

I miss commenting even more. : (((

Maybe when you're done with your class we'll see an ACCELERATED ENGLISH ZFS!.blogspot.com

Good luck with yer lurnin'.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

"I want to get my degree while Obama is still in office."

Can I adopt that goal too?

Keep up the good work dude!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Don't be a fool!

Stay in school..this time!

Good luck and all that.

You will be missed.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy said...

See you on Twitter and good luck with your book lurnin'.

7:58 PM  
Blogger TFKoP said...

**weeps**

**then goes over to facebook to see if you've posted there**

Good luck in school. With any luck, you'll have 8 years to get your degree based on your goal.

;-)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Lady Snark said...

Lady Snark dislikes this also.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noooooooooooo!

Well, at least you'll come back eventually, and I'll still follow your highly-condensed, yet ever-entertaining tweets.

If you have some trouble with your homework, post it on here and we'll all be glad to help. haha, but seriously.

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

De-lurking to say that you'll be missed (temporarily, though, right?)! How will I know what movies/shows to watch and what music to listen to? I'll reread the archives and try not to slip into excruciating withdrawal. Thanks for keeping me entertained through many hours of work!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a second, too busy with school for us, your devoted followers, but not too busy to serve tasteless grub to mindless minions in Texas???? I thought I knew you.............

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Clinton, that's really too bad to hear, boyo. I hope your schedule lightens up a bit and you'll be able to return from time to time and entertain us with some hilarious captions on red carpet disasters. Those posts remain my favorite.

I work with over 100 people who do not have a sense of humor. So your blog is among my regular work breaks, which in turn introduced me to at least three other blogs that are similarly/reliably funny (two of which are commenters above).

And yeah, Drag Me To Hell is quite good (caveat: as a Sam Raimi film) - saw that over the weekend. Another one that I find amusing is Fiend Without a Face which came out inthe late 50s. It's the one with the flying brain aliens, I think. Should be right up your alley.

Good luck to you, but please, don't kill ZFS for good! Sometimes you have to go enjoy life before returning to write about it.

Regards,
SA

6:00 PM  
Blogger Green-Eyed Momster said...

Hope you post again soon.

:)

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home