Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Satisfying, Malty, 1960's Sexism

NOTE: Since we're talking about beer today anyway, I thought now would be a good time to share with you what just might be the most hilariously awful Schlitz ad of all time. Do enjoy, won't you:

"Anyway, You Didn't Burn The Schlitz!"



From the ad copy: "There's hope for any young bride who knows her man well enough to serve him Schlitz beer."

From C-dog: "On behalf of men everywhere... OUR BAD!"

True Fact: In the 60s, burned beer was actually grounds for divorce in some states. I believe it still is in Texas, provided we're talking about "The Silver Bullet."

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Daddy said...

Schlitz was both of my grandad's fave beer.

3:25 PM  
Blogger TFKoP said...

Schlitz, eh? I saw an article on msnbc.com back in October that the Pabst Blue Ribbon company has brought Schlitz back from the dead.

Maybe it'll be your favorite beer soon...but I hope not.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home