Tuesday, November 04, 2008


Very exciting!!! Although, how's this for bullshit, my polling place DID NOT give out those little "I Voted" stickers. What the fuck, PS 102... I mean, seriously. How am I supposed to walk around with a sense of democratic superiority without my self-righteous badge of honor? Goddammit, I'm going to have to make my own now with some Post-It notes and colored pencils...
And I'll do it, too. Because I'm PROUD to be a voter!!! And an AMERICAN!!! VOTING!!! DEMOCRACY!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!
NOTE: Can you tell this is the first election I've ever voted in? Because it totally is. Seriously though, it felt pretty awesome to finally be bothered enough to care. I feel so responsible and adult! And, bonus, I didn't even have to wait in line. Just walked right in and pulled the lever. And then I cast my vote! Hi-OH!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you voted! Tonight I'm attending a party at which we will get drunk and watch the election unfold. Any party-specific drinks you'd like to recommend to your public?

9:12 AM  
Blogger Liöüx said...

OMG!!!

THAT 'I VOTED TODAY" GRAPHIC YOU HAVE POSTED HERE COMPLETELY BLINDED ME WHEN I FIRST PULLED UP ZFS!BLOGSPOT.COM THIS MORNING.

Nicely done.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Digital Fortress said...

Ha! Used a similar graphic and the U-S-A chant on my post.

Congratulations on your first time casting a vote! I know it entailed putting on pants and all, but I assure you the effort was worth it.

1:41 PM  
Blogger ML said...

they didn't give me a sticker either. but go get a free coffee at Starbucks with your voting stub!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Bill From Gainesville said...

I voted today as well. I did get a sticker! -- I voted for Hotdogs with catsup and for Angelina Jolie being hot though so you probably negated me as I am sure you voted for naked hot dogs and that angelina Jolie ISN't Hot. But that sir is what makes this a great country.

3:41 PM  
Blogger lacochran said...

Congrats! Way to go! Unless, of course you voted for the wrong guy... Let's just say you knew what you were doing! Nice job, Slugger!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Subway Gal said...

I didn't get a sticker either!!! How are people supposed to know I voted? WTF?!?!?

Was this seriously your first election? . . .

11:30 PM  
Blogger TFKoP said...

Up here in Maine we don't just get a stickah, we get a lobstah with a side of buttah, a pine tree, and a Stephen King book.


--TFKoP

PS Okay, I lied. We just get a stickah.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home