Friday, August 22, 2008

Let's End The Week On This...



Like... um... what? What is this movie even ABOUT? It says it's a "teen-sex-romp-comedy," whatever that is, but what does that have to do with poop? Teen sex and poop, far as I can see it, are mutually exclusive. Unless teens are WAY different now than they were in the mid-90s, back when I was trying to romp with as many girls as humanly possible.

Is the title only there to support the seriously groan-worthy tagline? Or, because of some obscure language in the advertising contracts, did they HAVE to use this badly photoshopped picture of a girl wearing generic "sexy" clothes while holding a plunger? Like, it was REQUIRED of the filmmakers, so they were like, "Well, might as well change the title to reflect the... plunger... thing... I guess... whatever, where's the gravy boat full of cocaine..."

Well, needless to say, I'm going to be tracking down this movie and seeing what all the fuss is about (where Let's Talk Turkey goes, so goes my nation) . If nothing else, I admire their blatant courting of the scatological-humor-appreciators market. Of which I am a member.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hex said...

I'm particularly impressed by the graphic designer who's cleverly hid some of the parts of the title around the other words.

Is that so when critics call "American Poop" the worst thing ever the director can say

"Um, it's called The American Poop Movie, thank you very much!"

4:45 PM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

Is this for real or did you Photoshop this poster together? Seriously. Is it fecal humor? Who would that appeal to? Thanks for giving me something to meditate on this weekend.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home