Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Few Things Of Note On This Newest Of New Years

-Braden, my heterosexual life-partner and long-time friend of the site, has taken the time out of his busy schedule of being handsome to create a brand, spankin' new banner for the top of the page. I'm sure you've noticed it already, but I wanted to point it out anyway just so everyone will take an extra second to gaze upon it's glory and go, "Oooooh." Thanks, B-dog!!!

-While I'm handing out mad, phat thank-yous, it's only right that the maddest and the phattest of the lot be directed squarely at the hunky frame of noted NYC blogger Beehive. He's been kind enough to watch our cat for the last week while Girlfriend and I have been in Texas and, since we got home yesterday to find nothing dead/stolen/burned beyond recognition/taken over by squatters, I can only say, with moist eyes and trembling lips, that he is now my hero. Were it possibly for two men to have a gay baby, I would do so with him without hesitation. Even though he publicly admitted to farting in our apartment.

-I'm sure y'all are just dying to know how Girlfriend and I spent our final waking hours of 2007, so please allow me to sate your curiosity with a refreshing drink known as...

How Girlfriend And I Spent Our New Years Eve

Um... well... we didn't really do anything. I know that's not an answer that's really deserving of a bold, underlined title but nonetheless it is the truth. See, thing is, we spent the majority of yesterday flying back from my beloved home state. Since we went from D/FW to Atlanta, then from Atlanta to New York, and since we arrived at right at rush hour and had to take the looooooong way around to our apartment, and since we had to go through the ordeal of unpacking immediately when we got home (by my decree, because I knew that we'd never do it once we lost momentum), by the time we were actually ready to ring in the New Year... yeah, it was almost eight o'clock. And we were exhausted; let's not forget that.

So we said, and I quote, "fuck it."

We got some Chinese food, we sipped some cocktails (Girlfriend had Dr. Pepper & Irish Cream; I had whiskey, drunk straight from the bottle), and we settled in to watch the remainder of the Travel Channel's Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations marathon. And believe me when I tell you that all of the above was just unbelievably satisfying, especially when you consider that we've spent the last seven days in the eye of the hurricane known as My Family. I mean that in a good way, of course, but you know... a hurricane is still a hurricane, full of love or not.

Anyway, that was really the long and the short of it. We watched the ball drop in Times Square from the comfort of our bedroom, we said several times how grateful we were to not be anywhere near the teeming mass of humanity that was Times Square last night (seriously, who wants to put up with that bedlam), and then we went to sleep.

-So now we greet 2008 with open hearts and curious minds. What excitements will it bring? What sorrows? Will this finally be the year that I find a box full of money just lying on the sidewalk? Who knows, but won't it be an adventure to find out? Eh... maybe. Doubtful. Still though, 2008!!! WOO!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Braden said...

Thanks for the shout-out!

Some predictions for 2008:

- "Alternative Fuels" become "Today's Hottest Fuels: All The Alcohol-Based Hits, All The Time"

- iPhone v2.0 goes online on August 4th. It begins to learn at a geometric rate. iPhone becomes self-aware at 2:14am Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to remove the battery, and iPhone fights back.

- Flying LOLcats.

Happy New Year!

2:43 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

Happy New Year! Yay for 2008!

The banner's zombie/shark fantastic.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

That banner is most excellent.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Braden, any chance you have a banner design for beehivehairdresser? cough, cough, seriously, please?

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don’t forget to eat your Black Eyed Peas.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home